APDL 8.3 Released, now only $99/year

Learn more

Thread: Automatic legality calculation incorrect

Automatic legality calculation incorrect

With the legality calculation set to automatic, the program seems to always select unaugmented rules. For scheduled augmented operations, it will still calculate with unaugmented times. When downloading a schedule from FLICA, all augmented trips will be flagged illegal unless manually selected to 117 augmented.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve Hayne; 06-25-2018 at 4:37 PM.

It’s a known issue, thnx.
    Steve Hayne
    Pilot
    Support Engineer
    NC Software, Inc.

Apparently we have resolved this - you need to enter the crewmembers names to trigger the automatic FAR checking (I verified this works, all my flying is augmented). We're still working on a long term solution since personally I don't enter the crew member names until I report for the trip since people call in sick, etc. Leaving the names out gives legality flags since APDL doesn't know the flying is augmented until the names are entered. Another issue is that I'm sure not everyone wants to track crew names. Essentially for now you can enter the names or manually change all the legs to augmented. I did suggest to the programming team to add an "apply to all" to the FAR Regulation section so you could change all the legs in your trip to Augmented with a couple of taps. Hope this helps for now.
    Steve Hayne
    Pilot
    Support Engineer
    NC Software, Inc.

If you don't want to deal with crew names consider dummy names to quick pick to at least fill the "seats".