APDL 8.3 Released, now only $99/year

Learn more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Android?

Here is a recent reply I gave someone on the Logbook Pro Facebook page asking about APDL for Android starting now?

No, we are not starting on APDL for Android soon. While we are ready to release APDL it is far from "done" as we have so much more to put into the app. The initial release is a stable checkpoint where you can use it and enjoy the features but it's far from complete from what we want this app to do and is capable of doing. We will remain focused on iOS for the unforeseeable future and then it's an if/when for Android. I'm a big fan of Android - it's awesome but we simply don't have the resources for the complexity of APDL to be porting to Android at this time. I strongly recommend adding an iOS device to your mix such as an iPad/iPad mini which should also be a write-off for you but will be worth it - just a thought. But I'm being 100% up front that we are not ready to leave iOS at this time as we have so much more exciting work ahead.

This reply was to me on Facebook... I'm "borrowing" an an iPhone 4s at this point as adding an iPad/iPad mini just isn't an option that is in my budget at this point.

I've been looking through the program over the last few days and I am cautiously optimistic, but the jury is still very much out.

I'm going to try it out on this next 5 day trip I'm on and see what happens.

I've been on your website with all of the instructions, however, it would be very helpful if that same information was in a PDF that could be downloaded to a device for easy reference.

Neal, should I decide that the APDL program is worth adding an iPad or an iPad mini, what if any is the difference in representation between the full size iPad and the iPadmini? From what I'm reading, some features/views are only available on the iPad.

Thanks!
    Last edited by av8rleo; 01-11-2015 at 7:05 PM.

iPad and iPad mini representations are the same. The only differences are between iPad and non iPad devices.
    Andy Adams
    Delta A320 First Officer
    Support Engineer
    APDL Documentation Team Lead
    NC Software, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Adams View Post
    iPad and iPad mini representations are the same. The only differences are between iPad and non iPad devices.
    Is an iPod touch compatible?

Yes, any iOS device running iOS 7.1 or later. That means iPhone, iPod touch, iPad mini, iPad...

Ok, it's been a year since the Android APDL question was asked (and about 6 since the first post in this thread), so....when is it coming?!?!

I like the promos and % off you keep sending me, but I cant use it because you dont support my mobile operating system...

APDL for Android is not on our near term radar. Sorry.

Matthewjohn,
    As an Android user I understand what you're saying, I'm no fan of Apple myself. But when I was using APDL on my Palm device, that is all I used it for. It was basically a part of my uniform. So when I switched to the new APDL, I bought an iPod Touch from Apple's outlet store (that saved me a few dollars) and treat it the same as my old Palm device. It lives in my uniform shirt pocket and I don't use it for anything else, just APDL. It works great and is getting even better.
    That"s my suggestion, for what it's worth.
    Rob

diedrichg is online now APDL Beta Team
    Republic Airlines
    Just a consideration if you get a iPod Touch (or any iOS device), make sure you get the newest you can afford that will run at least iOS 9.x as certain APDL features have, and will be, supported only in the newest iOS updates.

Any updates on APDL availability for Android?

There are no plans for Android APDL at this time. Sorry.

I wish I had the franchise rights to the Android question. Even at a dime per query I'd make a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Culiner View Post
    There are no plans for Android APDL at this time. Sorry.
    So this response is from a year and a half ago now, are there still no plans for Android? If not, I'm just curious, why aren't there?
    Last edited by FlyingIllini10; 08-05-2017 at 1:10 PM. Reason: spelling error

No change to previous. We are focused on continuing the build out on iOS and cloud functionality as we have so much yet to do.