• Hello! We just upgraded the forum'ware to a much more powerful and robust system and quite frankly much more modern. First stop is check your profiles and set time zones, signatures, and any other options you want to customize making the forums work best for you. We are tweaking the look and feel, features, and more as we continue to settle in the new forum'ware. Enjoy and thanks for visiting!

Click here to review your account now.

Archival of Logbook Endorsements

martyt

I use logbook pro as my 'primary' flight log - I'll go to my paper log from time to time and sync it up with the software.

While doing that recently, I realized that I don't have copies of the endorsements in my paper log, and that it would be neat if LogbookPro had some facility for importing and cataloging scanned images of logbook endorsements. Whether this program does the image capture or not isn't that important, but once the images are created, managing them wouldn't be too hard.

The primary benefit would be having a copy available in case the original logbook was lost, stolen or destroyed. Would help facilitate the process of getting everything back in order.

Whaddayathink?

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Yes, this has been discussed many many times here and in the private beta group. This will be handled in version 2, I promise!

However, here is my personal opinion/suggestion on how to handle this, the right way. I suggest making your own endorsement sheet in a program such as Microsoft Word. Place copies of this sheet in the back of your printout in a leather binder. Then whomever provides you an endorsement, they sign off this sheet (and your paper log if you want to have it there too). This way you have your Logbook Pro report printout AND your custom endorsement sheet with actual signatures on the back of the logbook.

Again, this is being implemented in version 2, but this is my suggestion for handling endorsements with version 1.

HTH

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

martyt

Good idea regarding the custom endorsement page. Just a little too late for my purposes!

Waiting anxiously for v2!

-Marty

MartyB

Import scanned logbook endorsements?

it would be neat if LogbookPro had some facility for importing and cataloging scanned images of logbook endorsements.
Has any progress been made to allow us to import scanned logbook endorsements into LBP? Many users want/need this capability!

Andy Adams

Support Engineer
Staff member
There is nothing new to report at this time regarding the current version of Logbook Pro.
This is still planned for a future version.

MartyB

Import scanned logbook endorsements? - Disappointed!

There is nothing new to report at this time regarding the current version of Logbook Pro.
This is still planned for a future version.

This is very disappointing.

This was first discussed back in 2003. Since then, other electronic logbooks have continued to grow and support their customers' needs... including the ability to upload scanned pdf documents to their logbooks.

Your customers can't truly go to a "digital" logbook because we can't upload documents. Your suggestion, to print the logbook and include the original document with the printout, shows that LBP isn't a digital logbook, but just a fancy Excel document. I've been patient (for 14 YEARS!), but I'm disappointed.