Formatting cells with functions/equations

rstripes

After reviewing a couple of different applications, I've found Logbook Pro to be the best one by far. Excellent job on the application! While working through the application, I encountered a limitation: the ability to format cells with functions/equations like in Excel. This ability would definitely help automate and personalize the application, even more than it is now, especially when creating custom fields. I'm not sure if you have already thought of this idea and threw it out the window, but I hope to see some shape of this in the future. Keep up the good work! /forums/emoticons/cool.gif

Thank you for your suggestions and compliments. Yes, I too would love to see that ability to put functions in the Logbook area and it is being considered in a basic form, i.e. simple math. Advanced functionality such as in the calculation engine of Excel would not be possible as Excel is simply very powerful and has it's own calc engine, which Logbook Pro does not and will not. Stay tuned, we'll see what new bells & whistles version 2 brings out later this year.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back