Next Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t guarantee a specific date since there are various factors that affect it but we will announce updates via our newsletters when they become available.

Is there anything in the works? I haven't seen any noticeable change in years. Can we expect a pilot credentials report?

Is there anything in the works? I haven't seen any noticeable change in years. Can we expect a pilot credentials report?

Yes, a lot is in the works, nothing which we can share at this time. Watch our newsletters and join our beta teams when we call for testers. You should be able to use the Analyzer (click View > Analyzer) to get any numbers you need for any form, etc.

A few years ago you stated that you were going to develop a new LBP that would be web-based and therefore work in any OS. I think the term you used was “platform agnostic.” This was your answer to the demand for a Mac version after Logten came out. Obviously the Windows based LBP, which hasn’t been updated in years, is a dinosaur. The program is clunky and the UI experience is outdated and unpleasant, although I will admit that it is feature rich. At the time, you said that all the dev work was going into APDL. APDL is now very mature and has pretty much all of the features we have been asking for for years. I’m very happy with APDL. What is the plan now for LBP? I’d love to be able to ditch VMware fusion on my Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few years ago you stated that you were going to develop a new LBP that would be web-based and therefore work in any OS. I think the term you used was “platform agnostic.” This was your answer to the demand for a Mac version after Logten came out. Obviously the Windows based LBP, which hasn’t been updated in years, is a dinosaur. The program is clunky and the UI experience is outdated and unpleasant, although I will admit that it is feature rich. At the time, you said that all the dev work was going into APDL. APDL is now very mature and has pretty much all of the features we have been asking for for years. I’m very happy with APDL. What is the plan now for LBP? I’d love to be able to ditch VMware fusion on my Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I 100% support this post. I asked for an update on the "V2" thread - but it was promptly closed to replies. I appreciate that Neal didn't push year subs onto us like the competition - but I would be prepared to pay a yearly subs to have an up-to-date and more relevant package. I'm sorry to say that after many years of being a LBP user - I'm very seriously considering switching to said competition. I just exported my clone from laptop to desktop - and it was the clunky, time-consuming and potentially fraught with errors process that I remember. Sorry Neal, but as feature-rich as LBP is, it's 2019 and your once great logbook software is not very 2019 at all.

Whilst I offer my apologise for my negative tone - frankly I'm tired of waiting for a refresh to a more modern app.

No software company announces future updates or products. If you find another product that better suits your needs please use what works best for you. We will announce releases as they are ready for beta and production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back