Converting HHMM to tenths for purposes of importing from a csv

harrier1231

My airline exports our logbook into csv with our times as HHMM as in 158 is One hour 58 minutes, or 2.0 hours for logging purposes. I'm wondering the best way to import. As it is, I spent hours either adding colon manually to each row or manually converting. There has to be an easier way! (using libreoffice but most excel formulas should translate).

47 = .8
145 = 1.8
558 = 6.0

Thank you all!

You need to apply a custom time format to the column in Excel. Excel will show the colon in the time but it will not be able to perform an any calculations with the column.
You will then save the file as a text (tab Delimited) file and then you can import it into Logbook Pro Pro using the correct time format in the import wizard. Logbook Pro will then convert the entries to hours and tenths during the import.

If you continue to have issues please send the csv file and back up (FILE..BACKUP TO FILE) of your Logbook Pro Logbook to us. helpdesk at nc-software dot com

You need to apply a custom time format to the column in Excel. Excel will show the colon in the time but it will not be able to perform an any calculations with the column.
You will then save the file as a text (tab Delimited) file and then you can import it into Logbook Pro Pro using the correct time format in the import wizard. Logbook Pro will then convert the entries to hours and tenths during the import.

If you continue to have issues please send the csv file and back up (FILE..BACKUP TO FILE) of your Logbook Pro Logbook to us. helpdesk at nc-software dot com
Ok that helped tremendously for the setup, however, the math in the import is wrong. Tenths as used by the legal, the faa legal, and any billable hour world would be such that 1:31 is 1.6. However, it imports at 1.5. There are several of these where it is off.
tenths-conversion-table.png

Back