135 Duty Time

CAMI Pilot

I am evaluating the evaluation version to see if LBP will work for us and our part 135 dept. I have searched the forums and have not found any recent info on the following. Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated!

We need to track our Duty Times (Duty In, Out and Total Duty Time), as well as Total Fight time.

If I use the “Out” and “In” as given in LBP for duty time purposes, then the “Lookback” feature reflects it as flight time, though it was not flight time. We need “Lookback”, and want to utilize it. Additionally, we need to show that we do not go over the 14 hour duty day (10 hours rest between), thus the reason for the “Total Duty Time” requirement.

Ex: We Duty In at 8:00 am, Takeoff at 9:00 am, Land at 11:00 am, Duty Out at 12:00 pm (noon). The Duration will reflect 4 hours, though we only flew for 2 hours. “Lookback” will therefore count 4 hours towards the 135 regs which is incorrect.

Is there a way to set up a field, or fields that will calculate duty times, but not apply them to the “Duration”. I see in previous post it is suggested to make a “Text” field, rather than a “Time” field for Duty Times, though I see no way for LBP to calculate a Total Duty Time. I know I can calculate it myself, but why should I when I am utilizing a PC. Besides, pilots are lazy, and I will have to go through everyone’s logbook and calculate the time for it to be available to our POI.

There are so many other good features with LBP, but this one hiccup is a show stopper for us I am afraid. Sure wish LBP version 2 was out as it sounds like it is geared more for my operation and needs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I'm sorry but there is no way to rig Logbook Pro v1 to calculate duty time or to provide duty limit warnings. We do anticipate supporting this in the v2 series when that time comes early to mid 2008.

Thank you.

Back