Ability to associate more data with Aircraft

TMetzinger

Ability to associate more attributes with Aircraft

I find myself needing to report things like how much time I have in
Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA)
G1000-equipped aircraft
GFC700-equipped aircraft

The way I do it now is to export all the time by tail number to Excel, then add columns for TAA, G1000, GFC700 to the sheet and populate these columns to represent which airplanes have what equipment. Then I can use IF statements to calculate the time for each column.

It would be terrific if we could set custom attributes for aircraft in logbook pro in addition to the normal Piston, Retract, Complex attributes. Would sure like to see that capability in the next rev of the product.

If I'm missing an easy way to do this kind of stuff now, I'd love the advice!

-Tim Metzinger

I think you will see this in the next version, but you can do this now with custom columns. Create a custom yes/no column (checkbox) for "TAA" and "G1000" and "GFC700" and then you can use the Analyzer to give you all the great info you're looking for.

Thanks for the post Tim.

I think you will see this in the next version, but you can do this now with custom columns. Create a custom yes/no column (checkbox) for "TAA" and "G1000" and "GFC700" and then you can use the Analyzer to give you all the great info you're looking for.

Thanks for the post Tim.
Thanks - that work around will let me record it on a per-flight basis (which is good enough for now), while associating it with a tail number in the future would let me just assign it to the airplane and then not worry about the individual flights.

And to make it even harder, it can't be associated with an aircraft TYPE, it has to be associated with an aircraft ID, as not all C182's will be G1000, for instance.

Last edited:
Back