APDL 117 and current subscription

Swruppel

APDL Beta Team
Hey Neil and crew,

Will a current subscription to the cloud for iOS give me access to the new APDL that will soon be out?

Thanks

Hi Scott,

I'm sorry but we don't have any information on APDL and pricing etc. at this time. As to our existing subscriptions:

1) Logbook Pro Desktop is NOT a subscription, it is a one time purchase and all version 1.x updates are free as they have been the past 16+ years
2) Logbook Pro Mobile is our low cost subscription enabling you to use any and all of our iOS and Android Logbook Pro Mobile apps amd get free updates for the life of your apps
3) Airline Schedule Importer allows access to our powerful schedule importer cloud service system integrating with Logbook Pro Desktop and Logbook Pro Mobile apps
4) Cloud Backup for Logbook Pro Desktop is an optional yet highly recommended service to allow you to easily backup your Logbook Pro Desktop entire aviation database to the cloud securely.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

How's the APDL beta going? There are other FAR117 tracking apps already coming out, so when can we expect APDL?

Thanks Neil,

What I'm trying to say is that I need to renew my Logbook Pro Mobile subscription and want to know if the money I spend will be a waste after I get 117 or will that "sync subscription" work with my new 117 product?

Thanks

How's the APDL beta going? There are other FAR117 tracking apps already coming out, so when can we expect APDL?

APDL testing is going great, we'll have an update in our newsletter later this week. APDL will release when 1) FAR 117 goes into effect and 2) When APDL is ready, not a day sooner :)

Thanks Neil,

What I'm trying to say is that I need to renew my Logbook Pro Mobile subscription and want to know if the money I spend will be a waste after I get 117 or will that "sync subscription" work with my new 117 product?

Thanks

Logbook Pro Mobile is strictly for Logbook Pro.

Logbook Pro Mobile is strictly for Logbook Pro.

I have Logbook Pro. I have Logbook Pro Mobile. They won't communicate with each other unless I pay $29.99 per year.

If I pay $29.99 today for the two of them to communicate with each other, will that money benefit me towards APDL 117 having the ability to communicate with Logbook Pro?

Is your cloud sync subscription universal or mobile app specific?

Logbook Pro Mobile is strictly for Logbook Pro Apps. With one Logbook Pro Mobile subscription you can use any and all of our Logbook Pro Mobile apps which are supported for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, iPad mini, Android phone, Android tablets, Kindle Fire, and NOOK tablets. There is no need to purchase apps for each platform, one Logbook Pro Mobile subscription allows you to use any and all Logbook Pro mobile apps we offer. This also includes free updates as Google and Apple continue to come out with major OS updates frequently, we'll keep you up to date.

Logbook Pro September 2012 Newsletter

We don't have any details regarding our new and completely separate APDL app for iOS at this time.

So your saying that the LBP Mobile service (cloud sync) will be only for the LBP Mobile app, and that you are considering a different service/cost structure for the new APDL.

Logbook Pro Mobile is for Logbook Pro. We do not have any details regarding APDL at this time.

Neil, are you avoiding our question because you don't want to commit?

I was concerned that my question was misunderstood, but AJ and I seem to be pretty clear in our questioning.

Just tell me: "Scott, you may indeed spend $30 to sync logbook pro Mobile for only 2 months and then have to purchase a completely independent cloud based subscription to run the NEW APDL. I (Neil) really am not sure which way the bean counters will take this. I'm (Neil) focused on quality control and ensuring that you enjoy and love the product we create."

Please don't be vague and evasive to our question. We love your product, and we appreciate how quick you have always been in support of your product. I believe it's safe to say that all who use your product feel a deep connection to it because after all it is THE story of our pilot lives.

So please don't be offended by my brashness, realize that in our individual minds we've committed mutiny on our individual devices. Now that I'm at the helm of my logbook, I'm just looking for a weather forecast.

Can you give us a forecast, or are you locked in engineering? We are well aware that "Logbook Pro Mobile is for Logbook Pro."

Scott,

I'm being 100% clear and honest. APDL will be released when it's ready, it is not ready now and I am unable to give you a date as to when it will be ready because we simply don't know and cannot forecast software within any reason of reliability, accuracy, or sanity, it is a very complex process. If I give you a date it will NOT be met, that is my experience with software so I don't give dates at all. With that said, here is info to help you: It will most likely coincide with FAR 117's changeover as the app is geared strictly for FAR 117. If the app is not ready at the time of the changeover to FAR 117 then it will release when the app is ready, completely tested, stable, etc.

I hope this clears it up for you. The short answer is "I don't know" and I'm not going to tell you something I can't stand by.

Neil, I've read nearly every post you've written to someone saying it will be released when it is finished and any estimate of a date will just go unrealized and lead to unnecessary disappointment.

I've got it.

I'm not asking for a release date.

Your copy and post from the news letter almost answered the question, but the disclaimer at the bottom confused me as to what you were saying. I was ready to once again let it go and figure I'll get it when it comes, but AJ voiced my confusion.

Can you tell me in your words what my question is?

Hey Neil and crew,

Will a current subscription to the cloud for iOS give me access to the new APDL that will soon be out?

Thanks

Scott,

Here is your original question. We don't have any subscriptions or details regarding APDL so I cannot answer this question. However, the subscription you are referring to is "Logbook Pro Mobile" hence my answer to you is that this is for Logbook Pro apps. If this does not answer your question please be specific with your follow-up and I'll gladly answer to the best of my ability. Again, anything regarding APDL is unknown at this time.

We don't have any subscriptions or details regarding APDL so I cannot answer this question.

This will suffice.

You and I are both way too busy to go back and forth, just tell folks to clarify the question. I thought it made sense.

Thank You for all your support.

Hello Neal,

Any idea how much longer it will be before APDL 117 iOS is released? Tracking these new regs manually is impossible haha! Any update is appreciated. Happy New Year!

Back