Computer illiterate

Kristian

Dear Neal,

After learning from the tutorials and checking the forums, I am having difficulty importing my access based database from my old logbook program. The access database is a ".mdb" file. My old program is not one of the ".txt", ".csv", ".tab", or ".asc" that is required for delimited files.

1) How do I change my access database (".mdb") to a file type that is acceptable for Logbook Pro?

2) How do I move my current .mdb database columns to resemble the columns on the logbook pro program?

3) Being a military pilot, our logbooks don’t have a “route” column or a “duration” column. The route of the flight is located in the remarks section of our logbooks, as well as other data. How do I get the info from the remarks section of my old program into the route column of the Logbook Pro database without losing the extra information?

4) I understand that I must have “date”, “A/C type”, “Ident”, “Route”, and “Duration” as the minimum columns in order to import from my old data base. How do I go about doing this?

Knowing that Logbook Pro is a quality product that both military and civilian use, surely there is a way around these minor setbacks I am having. I am far from computer savvy, so even simple manipulation tasks are challenging for me.

I'm on a trial basis to determine if this logbook pro will save me effort and time once it's up and running. I'm sure it is just my lack of computer expertise that is making things difficult - please help the illiterate.

Thank you in advance,
Kristian

Last edited:
Neal,
When I hit the "submit" button at the bottom of the page of the support ticket, nothing seems to happen. The file is zipped (after finding the zip program and D/L from internet) and ready to go.... it does not appear to be sending... any advise? ("product version" field is "eval" and "unlock code" field is "n/a").
Kristian

Last edited:
Neal,
I have a high speed connection, so the program should not be timing out like it is. The database is only 1100, or so, entries and should not cause any problems. When I try to send, after a few minutes I get this message.

"The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

Is the problem on my end, or yours?
Feeling rather stupid at the moment,
Kristian

Kristian,

I just submitted a ticket using the system and included a 500 KB attachment and it worked fine, so the web site is functioning properly. I'm using Internet Explorer 6 also with broadband.

If the web page doesn't work, please send your zip file to support@nc-software.com directly.

Thanks again

Neal,
The program looks beautiful. The conversion you did worked perfectly. I must add that the link you sent, to reacquaint myself with the import wizard, was extremely helpful.
Thanks again,
Kristian

Back