Currency

PilotRon

How can i setup the currency part to show all items needed for instrument currency?

6 hours instrument (actual/simulated)
6 approaches

all within a 6 month period?

PilotRon

PilotRon,

First off make sure you have 1.6 Build 214 which is a free update at www.logbookpro.com. After you have this version installed, you'll find a new currency editor. Review the help file (Help...Contents) and/or take a look at the online tour at www.logbookpro.com/tour and you'll see examples of how the new currency editor works, which you'll find very easy to create your currency.

What you need to do is break your currency down into 'items' each item being a requirement. One item would be 6 approaches in 6 months, one History item would be an Instrument Proficiency Check (IPC) which you add in the History area, then the item shows up by clicking the History bar at the bottom right of the currency item catalog. You may even want to add your Medical as part of the currency. So this would have 6 Apps in 6 Months in the All to Pass, IPC in the Any to Pass and your Medicals (you can put Class I, II, and III all in the Any to Pass). And this is the currency configuration.

This is for example sake, it's up to you, the pilot-in-command to configure the currencies based on your requirements, realizing we serve the 'orb' of Earth here at NC Software.

Hope this helps (HTH), if not, let me know and I'll try again.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Just a little reminder from your friendly local CFI...

The requirement for 6 hours is no longer valid, unless of course you are using it for your own 'personal' currency mins. If so, kudos!!!

Fly safely.

Back