Custom Report Fields

redcrawl

I love using Logbook Pro because of the ease of logging my flight time using my iPhone. I fly for a commercial carrier, and often have five to six (sometimes more, sheesh) flights in a day. My biggest issue with this is that in any of the report layouts, my route of flight has to wrap, often in a strange place like in the middle of an airport identifier.

After playing with the custom report templates, I finally learned that you cannot change the field widths or delete unnecessary fields. Logbook Pro is a great product, but if I can't print it out and make it look professional in an interview, it doesn't do me much good.

I understand that going crazy with the widths of different fields can cause printing issues, but it would be nice if deleting one field (Glider for example) allowed any other row or combination of rows to expand to the width of that row that was just deleted, thus making the overall template the same width, but allowing us to print information that is actually relevant to our flying. In other words, if a template page had to be, say 2000 pixels wide, and I delete an irrelevant field like “Glider” which is say 150 pixels wide, any other field could be expanded another 150 pixels. If I deleted “Rotorcraft Helicopter” which was say 200 pixels, I could expand the other fields by 200. Get it?

Until this is fixed, I have a great electronic copy of my flying with no way to print my data to my liking.

Thanks for the hard work and continued improvements!

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your post, I'm happy to hear you enjoy Logbook Pro. When creating a custom report template you can adjust font size and also row height. Try increasing row height and see if that helps your situation.

The next major release of Logbook Pro will have a fully customizable report designer, until then these are the only options. The next major release is targeted for sometime next year.

Thank you.

Any word on when the 'fully customizable report designer' is due to be included? I just purchased Logbook Pro to replace my Logten software, and was disappointed to see that I couldn't customize any of the reports to print all the data I wanted to show.

Suggestion for the next version of LBP: Make the report formatting export/import capable. A person could then post their report on the forum to share with others. I'm thinking along the lines of reports tailored to the Southwest application on PilotCredentials that is slightly different than the American application that is also on PilotCredentials.

Suggestion for the next version of LBP: Make the report formatting export/import capable. A person could then post their report on the forum to share with others. I'm thinking along the lines of reports tailored to the Southwest application on PilotCredentials that is slightly different than the American application that is also on PilotCredentials.

I'd also like this ability or for the SWA and AA custom report to be available in the pull-down menu, not just the airline apps report.
Thanks

Back