difference between logbook pro and APDL

angelicm3

what is the main difference between logbook pro for Palm OS and the Airline Pilot's Daily Aviation Logbook for Palm OS?. I am a flight instructor and hoping to go to the airlines in few more months. which one should I buy for my Palm OS? thank you guys

Hello,

APDL is for those currently flying under FAR 121. It is "strictly" a FAR 121 logbook whereas the Logbook Pro PDA Companions are more for general aviation with some FAR 121/135 features, but cater more to the generic logbook requirements. The Logbook Pro PDA Companions replicate closer the PC product and pair up the customization features and some automation features. Both are available in try-before-you-buy evaluations.

Ok... Now in 2022 on an iphone 13, is this still the case? I'm a 121 pilot that flies part 91 and CASA PVT and AWK category. What one is best for me? What features would I miss in logbook pro I could be getting if I was using APDL?

Ok... Now in 2022 on an iphone 13, is this still the case? I'm a 121 pilot that flies part 91 and CASA PVT and AWK category. What one is best for me? What features would I miss in logbook pro I could be getting if I was using APDL?
APDL is strictly 117

If you work for an airline that runs fast and loose with 117 you will definitely benefit from APDL. It was a sanity saver many times!

Back