Editing Multiple Entries

aharty

I've searched the forums somewhat looking for these answers, but I wasn't able to find them. Maybe you guys can help:

1. How do I modify multiple entries at once? For example, say I have a bunch of aircraft types that are UH60A and UH60A+ and I just want all of the records for UH60A+ to be changed to UH60A, how would I do this. On excel I can just select the appropriate cells and copy paste. Is there a similar function here?

2. Is Logbook Pro capable of auto calculating distance in routes and adding that as a column in my logbook? I bought the Route Browser and understand that it can calculate distance, but does it integrate with logbook pro to enter your route distances in the actual logbook for you?

3. I have a bunch of C172 time from earlier in my career. For simplicity sake is there really a difference for logging/FAA cert purposes between a C172, C172R or C172S. I really don't want to have to convert 500 entries to the appropriate C172R or C172S and want to just leave them all as C172 time. Any thoughts?

I just started using this program last 48 hours, and have been able to import my excel logbooks into it. I'm impressed with the features, but I'm still trying to learn the software. Especially currencies. If anyone has any helpful hints for a new guy like me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Alan

Hello Alan,

1. How do I modify multiple entries at once? For example, say I have a bunch of aircraft types that are UH60A and UH60A+ and I just want all of the records for UH60A+ to be changed to UH60A, how would I do this. On excel I can just select the appropriate cells and copy paste. Is there a similar function here?

Go to Options/Aircraft and change the A/C Type name there. Your logbook is automatically updated so you only need to make the change in this one location.

2. Is Logbook Pro capable of auto calculating distance in routes and adding that as a column in my logbook? I bought the Route Browser and understand that it can calculate distance, but does it integrate with logbook pro to enter your route distances in the actual logbook for you?

No as we do not use an airport database but use a more flexible free-form route of flight input. Route Browser can scan your Logbook Pro data and provide details such as you describe.

3. I have a bunch of C172 time from earlier in my career. For simplicity sake is there really a difference for logging/FAA cert purposes between a C172, C172R or C172S. I really don't want to have to convert 500 entries to the appropriate C172R or C172S and want to just leave them all as C172 time. Any thoughts?

It's up to you to log per the regs/requirements you fly under so I really can't answer this officially. People usually break down the aircraft types by how they want to separate flight times, i.e. XYZ and XYZ-SIM or XYZ-AMPHIB. You can use the Analyzer to get simple summaries such as select aircraft. If you're on Facebook "Like" our Facebook page as we're discussing the Analyzer this week and you'll receive the tips as we post them.

I just started using this program last 48 hours, and have been able to import my excel logbooks into it. I'm impressed with the features, but I'm still trying to learn the software. Especially currencies. If anyone has any helpful hints for a new guy like me I'd appreciate it.

Welcome to Logbook Pro. If you have a question, please ask! We're happy to assist you. Take a look at the documentation which is available by clicking the Help menu within the software or online at Logbook Pro Documentation. You may also want to view the video tutorials and search the newsletter forum as we offer tips and videos in newsletters as well.

Go to Options/Aircraft and change the A/C Type name there. Your logbook is automatically updated so you only need to make the change in this one location.

Tried this actually. I change the name of the aircraft, UH60A+, to UH60A so now it is identical to the UH60A aircraft type name above. When I click to the next field, it turns red. When I click save, the window refreshes, but the aircraft name remains the same. I've also tried this with C172R to C172. Since I already have a C172 entry it too turns red and goes back to C172R after I click save.

Also, I accidentally closed my menu bar at the bottom that allows me to scroll to next and first or last entries. More importantly this also has the little binocular icon so I can search fields like Remarks for things. How do I get this menu to come back open again. I can't seem to find it under the View main menu.

Thanks,

-Alan

Alan,

To bring back the nav bar click the button on the toolbar just left of the funnel button.

The problem is you're not "renaming" an A/C Type you're trying to merge it into an existing type. This cannot be done by you but it is something I can do for you. Create a backup of your data file by clicking File..Backup and send it to me by submitting a tech support ticket on our help desk. Tell me clearly what types you want merged, for example: Merge C172S into C172 (this will make all C172S entries C172).

Got the Nav Bar back. Thank you!

I really appreciate the offer. However, I was able to manually fix the entries that needed to be fixed that I described earlier. I'm amazed at the speed and helpfulness of your customer service. Thank you for being awesome!

Thanks again,

-Alan

Back