FDP Manipulation

Thanks Andy, I certainly appreciate your willingness to look into it. On the whole, I think this will turn out to be a great product. I have been looking forward to it for months!

This is just the beginning. There are continuing improvements always going on as well as additional features already planned for future implementation.

As you've said, many people have been waiting for APDL for a long time. We wanted to get it released as soon as we could, but it's going to continue getting better.

This is why I hate these interpretations.
I found the gem raysalmon was emphasizing, and he is correct.

Please refer to the Wykoff & Mullen (2014) LI:
http://goo.gl/IK0AAD

Paragraph 7, last sentence.
"However, by doing so, the time held over on the FDP is subject to the cumulative limits of section 117.23 (c)."

I tried a few different payroll options, but as is evident by this discussion, none worked/extended the FDP without also affecting the segment count, block, or credit.

Last edited:
The best option at this point is airport standby reserve but that could throw off the payroll totals if you have that set up for any rigs or minimum credit amount etc

I've managed to avoid it affecting block by setting the out/in time both to the FDP end time. I really haven't played with the payroll stuff much yet so I haven't set any rigs for airport reserve. Not sure I understand how the block is calculated on the trip view pages. On the logbook page it is obviously flight time. But that's not the same number as the block time listed on the trip view page. Is block on the trip page "scheduled block or better, leg by leg"?

Gotta love the "interpretations". It seems like every time we have legality nailed down a new interpretation would come out and back to the drawing board.

Back