Google Play Beta Testing - Logbook Pro Android

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Clicking the link offers up this message: "App not available for this account /Your account isn't currently eligible for this app's testing program. /If you've been invited to become a tester, make sure you're signed in to the account that was invited to the testing program. If you've been invited to a Google Group or Google+ Community as part of the program, make sure you've joined the Group or Community."

Yes. It's the same one associated with my forum account email, and the one I'm currently signed into.

I got the same message as Polar607. Is there a Google+ group we need to join first? I remember having to do that for other betas.

I got the same message as Polar607. Is there a Google+ group we need to join first? I remember having to do that for other betas.

Not that I'm aware of but I'll check. I'm new to the Google Beta system. Confirm you're using a gmail account and/or one associated with your google play?

Google says you need to use a gmail or Google Apps account (e-mail). I don't see anything about google groups being required but it's an option for discussions like here.

I will probably simulcast the first betas to both HockeyApp and Google Play until we figure out what works best. Beta are not ready yet, one area is in final work and then the first beta can go out. Details soon.

So far the Beta opens and seems to function well, I just went off after a long 15 day trip, so I will not have any entries immediately. Will this Beta be using the universal sync APDL is built around, allowing all devices to sync globally, or does this function have to be built into the upcoming Desktop version first?

I vote to prioritize global sync. As a die hard Android user, I only have an iPad mini out of necessity. I hate having to wait until I get to the hotel or an open wifi to sync my APDL and Logbook Pro, since I use the iPad for logging typically, having entries split between devices is confusing and problematic. Being able to see entries on any of my devices would improve the product tremendously and reliability and timelines of my entries.

There are no plans right now for Logbook Pro and APDL to "sync" data both ways. Logbook Pro Desktop will have a feature to import APDL data often termed "sync" but it's one way. APDL's data is very different from Logbook Pro's.

I mean just have the data I enter on my logbook mobile sync with my other logbook mobile apps on other devices. Like APDL does across devices.

I have been using the system fairly successfully, however I have had it crash twice.

I have been using the system fairly successfully, however I have had it crash twice.

Can you tell me where it crashed? Steps to reproduce? Please go to the Contact Us area and submit a bug report which will send me the logs.

Thank you.

I have sent in a bug report. Nothing special in regards to the crash other then it occurred during the loading of the app

Back