Historical Data... i.e. I flew last year, how do I load that into APDL?

av8rleo

I've looked on here but I may have missed it...

Since the 1,000 annual flight time limit is based on a rolling 365 now, how do I get APDL to account for the flying I have performed since 1/4/2014 when FAR 117 took effect?

I've looked but my guess is I missed it somewhere.

Thank-you

Hello and welcome to APDL. If you want to have that cumulative limit evaluated in your legality computation you'd have to enter it or import it if you have access to the historical data to use with the schedule importer. The legality view will dim out the 1000/365 number showing you that you don't have the historical look back to evaluate the cumulative limit.

Thanks Neal I'll look into it.

I'm assuming I "might" be able to load that data through CrewTrac etc. Would it need to be done in trip by trip format or is it conceivable I could do one massive upload from the FlightLog in CrewTrac since I'm really only looking at flight time not duty time at that point.

Thanks,
JP

It is conceivable that you could do a massive import all at once but not recommended. If for no other reason, it will be much easier to verify for accuracy if you import in smaller chunks such as one month at a time.

Thanks guys, I'm going to try uploading information tonight from January 2014 and see how it goes...

I'm guessing there is a separate place for this but figured I'd ask here... For the $15 a month what is all included: the APDL 117 app, schedule importer (cloud sync), and backup? The reason I am asking is that I am getting a warning on APDL.net that my importer expires February 2015. I've also been warned through my logbook pro that my cloud sync subscription is ending. With APDL do I still need to buy a separate Cloud Sync subscription for LBP?

Thanks!
JP

Welcome to APDL JP:

Your APDL subscription includes schedule importing, APDL Sync, and APDL Backup as well as all of the features within the app. Logbook Pro Mobile is a separate subscription unrelated to APDL. Cloud Backup for Logbook Pro Desktop is another offering available which is for Logbook Pro Desktop. Click here to view your subscriptions and keep in mind that schedule importing is migrated into APDL so will not show separate.

So because APDL and LBP aren't working hand in hand yet at this point I will need to buy a cloud subscription again so my LBP mobile and LBP desktop continue to talk to each other? Can I assume that at whatever point APDL and LBP are albe to work in conjunction with each other that I will need only one cloud subscription?

On a side note, the data process of bringing in my flights from CrewTrac appears to be very straightforward and simple. Just need to go back and update tail numbers after the fact.

If you want to use Logbook Pro Mobile, a separate app, then a subscription for that app is required. When we have the data port from APDL to Logbook Pro desktop available there will be no charge for that, it is included as part of APDL as well. It is up to you if you want to log in Logbook Pro Mobile or directly in Logbook Pro Desktop or wait for the data sync to become available.

I'm glad to hear the data process is working well for you. If you haven't updated yet be sure to get 7.0.6 which just released. A superior build.

Looks like it updated automatically so thank you for getting that out.

I will very likely stay with the LBP mobile LBP desktop cloud subscription for now since I am running them in parallel until the APDL/LBP data port is available.

Thanks again!

Neal forgot to ask, is there any difference in the 117 APDL representation between an iPad and and iPad mini? From reading the information I see that there are certain functions that are available on the iPad that are not available on the iPhone.

Since all of this data is synced on the cloud can I assume that if I choose to add an iPad/iPad mini that set up/data syncing is as simple as downloading the app and signing in?

Thx
JP

There is no difference on any iPad (full or mini) - you get the iPad layout and features. The iPhone has the different layout and doesn't include the "Logbook" feature.

It cannot get any easier, install the app on a new device or reinstall on the same device and you'll get a full copy back from the cloud.

well... congratulations... I think you're selling me on committing to APDL...

Now I just need to figure out the best way to add a iDevice of some sort... looks like for between $20-$40 a month I can add one to my Verizon account through the edge program and have standalone data which would be very helpful with this app I believe...

I do wish the month to month cost was a little less but supply and demand I guess...

JP

If you have a wifi only ipad you can always make your phone a hot spot and use it that way.

Looks like it updated automatically so thank you for getting that out.

I will very likely stay with the LBP mobile LBP desktop cloud subscription for now since I am running them in parallel until the APDL/LBP data port is available.

Thanks again!
If you can hold out on the APDL 117 import into LBP Desktop then you can save your money on the mobile app sync. If you absolutely need your latest times in the desktop app then yes, you'll need that subscription for a little longer.

If you can hold out on the APDL 117 import into LBP Desktop then you can save your money on the mobile app sync. If you absolutely need your latest times in the desktop app then yes, you'll need that subscription for a little longer.

These days I'm updating resume's after almost every trip... Gotta get out of the regionals!

For all those wondering the data upload from last year is VERY easy to do but it somewhat time consuming... I think I'm through May of '14 so far...

Back