Home-based ACMI Setup

Jupiter

Hi

I'm looking for some tips on setting up APDL from other ACMI/Home based pilots such as Atlas, Kalitta, Omni, etc. My carrier uses AIMS scheduling roster and I'm having quite a bit of difficulty using the schedule importer, especially in matching imported data to FDP, short call reserve, etc. What complicates things further is since we are home based, APDL recognizes gateway travel to assignments which are neither considered duty nor DH. Most everything we do is charter so our basic 117 duty type is long or short call reserve.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. As it stands now, I'm having to enter most of my trip data manually.

Thanks

I’m not familiar with Home based carrier schedules and legality, but from what you said, if your main issue with the importer is the DH to get in position being treated as duty, you could try importing it and then deleting the segments that don’t apply to you.

That MAY end up messing with the dates of everything, so your next option would be to manually edit your trip data before you process it in the importer at APDL.net to remove the irrelevant segments and see if you can “outsmart” the importer that way.

Thanks Andy. I think that's the way I'll have to do it going forward. APDL doesn't seem to be able to parse out my AIMS roster info in a useable way. For example, I have short call reserve duty period in a hotel that is seen by APDL as a flight since it's coded in a way by AIMS that makes it seem that way. It creates a leg that is considered an GDP.

I'll keep an eye on other quirks and issues and report back. In the non-scheduled Part 121 Supplemental/ACMI world, things are a bit wonky. Add to that multiple theaters per trip, augmented crew, etc and it could get interesting!

Because we are home based and are provided travel to begin our pairing that is considered neither duty nor paid, and therefore not subject to legality checking, how would you recommend I set up a payroll category? In other words, for the purpose of triggering acclimated location, I would need to have some sort of entry that begins a trip in a location as a baseline for setting legality.

Because of home basing, we don’t have a “domicile.” I created a custom payroll called FLX that “gets” me to a location to start a trip but if I enable the legality option in the payroll setup, the FAR checking begins when I leave home, which I do not want. Should I create a NFD in the city where my trips begin to set legality based on the location?

Thanks

Because we are home based and are provided travel to begin our pairing that is considered neither duty nor paid, and therefore not subject to legality checking, how would you recommend I set up a payroll category? In other words, for the purpose of triggering acclimated location, I would need to have some sort of entry that begins a trip in a location as a baseline for setting legality.

Because of home basing, we don’t have a “domicile.” I created a custom payroll called FLX that “gets” me to a location to start a trip but if I enable the legality option in the payroll setup, the FAR checking begins when I leave home, which I do not want. Should I create a NFD in the city where my trips begin to set legality based on the location?

Thanks

I also am ACMI and Home based.

I created a payroll category DH GW, DH PD, DH FDP for Deadhead Gateway, and Deadhead Paid, and Deadhead as part of FDP (preposition same day)

DH GW just leave all buttons turned off
DH PD, turn on pay, set your rate, or rig
DH FDP, turn on flight time, legality, pay and set pay data

you can also have them calendar sync by turning that on for each as well.