How to sync APDL to logbook pro?

Pilot279

I have logbook pro on my PC and APDL on my PDA. I would like to sync all my APDL info into logbook pro. Where can I go to do this and must I purchase APDL in order to do this? Right now I am using the 90-day trial period.

Also since APDL just keeps track of the aircraft # and not the aircraft type does the sync feature have an option for you to enter aircraft type so that logbook pro logs the time appropriately (single/multi/turbine/etc) ?

Hello,

To sync APDL to Logbook Pro, both APDL and Logbook Pro must be activated to remove evaluation restrictions. The PDA Wizard allows you to enter a default a/c type, which is a fall back a/c type used if Logbook Pro cannot pair the incoming N-Number against a type already entered in Logbook Pro. The aircraft specifics are configured in the Options...Aircraft area of Logbook Pro which will provide you the time break downs as described. To purchase APDL and Logbook Pro licenses, click here.

I went ahead and purchased the program. Now there's an option to sync each leg individually or combine all the legs into one entry. I would like logbook pro to be able to log the legs according to the specific aircraft number, so if I flew 3 legs in the same aircraft it would be one entry, and when I switch aircraft it will create a new entry.

Is it possible to do this?

Thank you for your purchase. To combine all legs in a day into a one line entry you'll want "By LogPage" instead of "By Leg." We do not have the capability yet to handle "By Aircraft" but this is on our feature list for a future version.

I also notice that after syncing, logbook pro rounds down on the leg value if it's .5 or less. If I have a flight that is 45 minutes normally I would log that as .8 (45/6 = 7.5), but logbook pro logs it as .7

Is there anyway to change this so it can round up instead of down?

Tenths are not calculated by a division of 6, there is actually a scale that is used as implemented by the government on the 781 form which you can find in these forums. APDL calculates the times based on the time scale in APDL's preferences, which is what is sync'd in to Logbook Pro if you are using the PDA Wizard.

APDL calculates the times based on the time scale in APDL's preferences, which is what is sync'd in to Logbook Pro if you are using the PDA Wizard.

I modified my APDL time calculations to:

<=2 = .0
<=8 = .1
<=14 =.2
<=20 =.3
<=26 =.4
<=32 =.5
<=28 =.6
<=44 =.7
<=50 =.8
<=56 =.9

Now I recently had a flight of 1 hour 9 minutes, which APDL calculates as 1.2, however when I sync with logbook pro, logbook pro logs it as 1.1 Won't logbook pro use the modified time scale that I put in APDL or do I manually have to correct each entry?

Back