Instrument Approaches

DarStec

First I would like to say that Logbook Pro is great application. (Sure do which there were a Linux version though as this is one of the very, very few applications for which I will boot into WinXP.)

I'm not a pilot but got talked into entering my brother's logbooks (going back to flight school in 99) into Logbook Pro for him. He said he has a few friends who might want me to do the same for them, which means I will probably end up purchasing the Enterprise version some time in the future.

Besiding trying to understand all the abbreviations pilots use, reading their handwriting, especially that of the CFIs, is worse than going to a dentist. {I suppose they go to the same handwriting schools as doctors.} Putting that aside for the moment, I notice some slight difference between the Database format and the Spreadsheet format. It seems that in the database form there is no place to enter number nor type of intrument approaches. However in the spreadsheet form there is a column to insert the number of approaches and type. The logbook spreadsheet doesn't seem to show the type once the box has been checked.

Now I noticed a little quirk. If I use the database form to edit a previous record (remember I'm not a pilot and barely understand what I am doing thus prone to errors) then the corresponding row in the spreadsheet for that record looses the information for the number of instrument approaches.

Is this a duplicable problem or am I doing something wrong? Has this idiosyncracy been addressed before? If so a seach of the forums didn't turn up any solution.

I'm sure I will be back with more questions when I start to set up the Palm Pilot program for my brother.

Hello,

If you are working with the database directly, that may be the cause of the issues. It is important to use the popup dialog and only enter data directly from within Logbook Pro. If you continue to have problems, let me know and I'll gladly assist.

NC Software said:
Hello,

If you are working with the database directly, that may be the cause of the issues. It is important to use the popup dialog and only enter data directly from within Logbook Pro. If you continue to have problems, let me know and I'll gladly assist.

I am using the Logbook Pro Windows logbook for data input. However there is as far as I can see, no place to input the Instrument Approach data in that screen. If I use the Spreadsheet logbook option then there is a column for Instrument Approach where I can check the instument type and add the number of approaches.

If I add the data in the Spreadsheet window, all is fine and I can see the information in the Analysis window. However if I change something on a record that I previously added the Instrument Approach within the Windows option, the Instrument Approach information for that particular record gets erased.

Or is there some fields in the Windows option I am overlooking?

NC Software said:
Hello,

In the Windows Entry area, click "Show Approaches" on the lower left of the dialog.

AH HA, that did it. So much for those brand new glasses I just bought a couple of months ago. Now I wonder how many snakes are lying around that I can't see.

Back