Logbook options

Hank

hello-

i have two questions. the first has to do with the "Type Rating Required" part of the Aircraft options page:

1) i notice that if you select this for a specific aircraft type, then when you look at the reports page it automatically applies that to "type rating required" to any (and all) aircraft of that type. is there a way that logbook pro can further break this down?

For example, right now i do not have the type rating and i sit in the right seat. soon i will upgrade, get the type, and THEN will want to show that a type is required in the airplane. however, i do not then want to show that a Type was required for all the time i was SIC.

i am guessing that this is not something that is possible (perhaps an idea for future versions if that is the case).

2) is it possible to make an entry in the logbook for which i do NOT want the time to be included in my totals? for example, let's say i want toput in my logbookthat i spent two hours flying around with my buddy, but since i was not a req'd crewmember i can't actually log it. (but, i want it in there because it's a really cool plane)...

thanks in advance for your thoughts on these topics...
-hank

Hank said...
1) i notice that if you select this for a specific aircraft type, then when you look at the reports page it automatically applies that to "type rating required" to any (and all) aircraft of that type. is there a way that logbook pro can further break this down?
I'm not sure I understand....when you make a setting that's related to a Type, then all logbook entries that have this Type selected will in fact show as configured. Can you further explain what you mean by "any (and all) aircraft of that type"?
Hank said...
2) is it possible to make an entry in the logbook for which i do NOT want the time to be included in my totals? for example, let's say i want toput in my logbookthat i spent two hours flying around with my buddy, but since i was not a req'd crewmember i can't actually log it. (but, i want it in there because it's a really cool plane)...
If you go to Options...Flight Log and clear the bottom most checkbox this will prevent Logbook Pro from removing this entry as an erroneous/incomplete entry, such as one that neither contains a "Duration" or "Flt Sim" value.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

hi-

first let me make sure i understand the options entry properly: under aircraft options 'Type Rating Required' - i am under the impression that i should check this box if a Type rating is required for me to fly the airplane. is that correct? (i know you cannot give advice on how to make logbook entries; i'm asking for clarification on the purpose of that logbook pro option).

if my understanding is correct, what if i flew a plane for awhile as SIC (no type req'd) then one day get a type rating and fly as PIC. then, it would seem appropriate to check the 'type rating required' box. (but not until then).

also, thank you for the info on the other question - i guess that will work just fine...
-hank

Hi Hank,

You understand the system correct in that you can check for THAT TYPE whether or not Type Rating is Required or not. I would offer that you NOT check this while logging SIC or check it but when you do reports you don't count the SIC towards the total time. Many ways to look at this, but I don't see how from the Logbook Pro side this could be resolved UNLESS you took this to a custom Yes/No field and tracked TRR by using a checkbox column.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

neal-

thanks for your time in explaining your thoughts on this to me!

just a final note: i really like your Aircraft Configuration Summary under the reports feature - it's very cool. however, perhaps for future versions you could look more closely at what is being reported by the line (under Miscellaneous) that says 'Type Rating Required'...

for the uninformed, one might think that the number presented there is in fact all the flying hours the pilot did where he was required to have a Type in order to log that time.

that's my 2 cents ... have a great day!
hank

Back