Maximum flying hours

njjones1

We have a maximum flying ours which I would like to use the currency editor to flag up if a pilot has flown too many hours. Can the currency editor do this?

Thanks

Hello Nicola,

The currency system allows you to set a requirement of an event specified within a period of time. I don't see a method as of this moment on putting in a system that warns you a certain number of hours have been reached other then the use of summary bar or other functionality built into Logbook Pro. I have to think about this more to put this in the feature request system for a future version. I know what you're asking for, I have to figure out how best to go about this.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Neal,

Thanks for the response - I still need the time period capability as our rules state that a pilot must fly less than:

500 Hrs in a Year
60 Hrs over 30 Days
8 Hrsin 24 Hrs
4 Sorties (per day)

There are two ways I could think of achieving this.

1, To have the ability with the currency item to specify wether the requires is a less than or greater than. At the moment they are all implicit greater thans.

2, The ability to say NOT a rule in the Items Assignment - at the moment you can have all of a group, any of another group, you could have a section which says NOT these rules.

I have created specific events which are titled NOT xyz qualified which means that if a pilot has that event the rules for flying xyz are effectively ignored.

Less Than Function

I agree with njjones1.

Under currencies, we need to be able to select "less than" in addition to the only current option "greater than".

That way the 121 and 135 guys can create their own currency warnings. E.g. one could set a warning slightly less than the current FAA / JAA etc limit.
LBP would then provide a warning when approaching the limit, not once it had been exceeded.

Currently I have set up currencies that are revere in their logic.

Please, please, please add a LESS THAN function on the currencies.

PS. I have previously added this to the wish list but it seems to have dropped off.

Do you respond to wish list items to record when (if they are) added to a version? We still have this requirement, however I must admit we haven't updated our logbook pro version as we don't want to go through that unless the new features added give us things that we need.

Do you respond to wish list items to record when (if they are) added to a version? We still have this requirement, however I must admit we haven't updated our logbook pro version as we don't want to go through that unless the new features added give us things that we need.

Hello,

No, we typically don't go back through the Wish List forum to mark anything as implemented. We take the inputs from these forum posts and enter them into our development tracker. I do suggest keeping Logbook Pro up-to-date with every new release. It's a simple process typically by clicking Help...Check Web for Updates. You can also uninstall/reinstsall to update the software, your data and activations are unaffected by the reinstall/upgrade process.

Back