Multiple Aircraft Types

Tyler

Well, I posted this over on the support thread but, I'll post it over here to make it an official wish.

I'm sure you guys (Neal and Paul) are well aware that when syncing APDL and LP the default aircraft is input for every entry. This is a big problem for some of us more so than others. At my airline we have three aircraft types. We can fly all three on any given day because the type rating is the same. I however, ran into problems with two airlines that want total time in each aircraft. I thought no problem as Iknew that LP could create more data than I knew what to do with. This is whenI discovered the flaw. In order toget correct data I had to go back and manually change all of the entries that were synced since I purchased the software last November. Needless to say this took alot of time, as the tail number also needs to be changed since that field autofills the last entry. Very tedious. I discovered the hard way that you've got to change your sync date after everytime or else all of your corrrections will be overwritten.

I hope you will be able to fix this problem as it makes filling out applications very difficult. I don't know if it would be easier to create a filter for LP that will autofill the aircraft type based on the tail number that is imported from APDL or creating another field within APDL that includes the aircraft type along with the tail number.

I know alot of pilots at my airline that run both pieces of software that will have this problem. I have to assume it affects alot of other pilots as well because I know of very few airlines that only fly one aircraft type. I would love to have this fixed so that I can refer everyone else to join the 21st century without reservation.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Second Request

If this change could be worked on it would make the software much more compatible with what we need, and I'd be much more likely to recommend the software to others.

Agreed

If this change could be worked on it would make the software much more compatible with what we need, and I'd be much more likely to recommend the software to others.

Four different types here, not counting Combi/Freighter versions. At this point, any updates would be nice.

This feature request has been mentioned in numerous threads, and obviously we can all agree what a great addition it would be to apdl/lbp integration. I don't believe it will be addressed in the current 1.x version of lbp, or apdl as it was purchased by nc software and has not changed significantly since. However, a search through the forums would yield some workarounds. Although it takes some work to accomplish, I can tell you from experience that it is well worth the work. I have been syncing apdl for over two years, with lbp using the "lookback" feature to match tail numbers to aircraft type, series, model or however you want to set it up. Once you get past the setup you will not have to worry about it again until your company adds a/c or you change jobs. It's not a glamorous fix, but it works! I think it took me about an hour to track down the tail numbers for 275 a/c and setup lbp.

my thread requesting help:
http://www.nc-software.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2231

solution:
http://www.nc-software.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2242

Last edited:
Back