Need help with currencies

randyre

Where do I define the start date for a currency? I need a currency with a 90 day (not three months) expiration from the date the check ride is given.

You can change the time unit from days, months, or years by clicking in the field and selecting from the drop down options.

As for the start date, you don't do this. Logbook Pro looks back in your logbook and determines the latest time at which the currency criteria is met. You don't have to set a fixed window, Logbook Pro does all the work for you.

There are three resources you can research to learn more about currencies:

1) Included Help File (press F1 in the currency editor)
2) Review the included currencies that come prebuilt with Logbook Pro
3) Read our May newsletter which has the Tip-of-the-Month on Currencies. You can read this at www.logbookpro.com by clicking the link on the lower left.

HTH

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

So how does it know when I took that checkride? I don't understand what field it would be looking at since there is not one designated, how does it calculate BFR? This is pretty much the same thing except that its a 90 day not a two year. I assume BFR is taken care of in the history section not currency, therin lies the problem as History only allows months not days.

Randy

Randy,

BFR is logged in the History section. In the currency editor, look at the very bottom right. Click the horizontal bar that says 'History Events' and has the small History section icon on the bar. You'll see where you can add History events from this section.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Thanks, I understood where the BFR goes, my problem is that I need a currency for the Robinson Sfar-73 requirements for student solo which expire every 90 days, its like a mini BFR, but I see no way to note that it has been accomplished for the currencies section to use it. An exact start date is available on most other logbooks programs. Maybe your history section should mimic the currencies with its ability to choose hours, days, months and years, and all the variation of them.

Randy

Randy,

I don't think you need a Currency, I think you just need a History entry. You can add History Events that aren't listed in Options...History. You can specify the expiration date using that system.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I see what you mean, but that requires that I use a calendar and physically count out 90 days, most of your competitors calculate this for the user. i.e. Aerolog Pro and Flightlevel 2000

R-

Back