• Initial testing of Apple's iOS 27 release shows no issues with Logbook Pro or APDL. Follow this BLOG article for updates should anyone report issues.

Number Formatting skews CSV output

AMNegron

Well-known member
APDL Beta Team
Joined
Feb 8, 2002
Messages
1,138
Location
PTC, GA
I have been cleaning up my logbook and noticed a discrepancy when exporting the logbook in CSV format.

In the Expense fields, if the total Expense value is over $999.99, the field displays the thousands separator comma.
However, when this value is exported in CSV formatting, the thousands separator comma is treated as a column separator and skews the rest of that row's data.
See attached.

Previously, I was recording that field in hundreds, but obviously switched to exact (don't know why I changed)
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2021-05-12 130850.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-12 130850.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 103
The text format is still CSV, so the issue still happens when I import to Excel.
The Excel export works, but it takes too long...Took nearly 19 minutes to export.
 
Back
Top