Route of Flight

cgenheimer

Hello Neil,

I am having a bit of a problem with the "Route of Flight" colum. I'll try to explain as best as I can AND this may be a two fold problem as well but I'm not sure.

I'm going back and catching up my logbook to make it line for line with my paper log. I'm trying to log a bunch of flights, literally hundreds and hundreds of flights that are "Local" what I am trying to do is put in "TZR-LOCAL" in the route box.

When I go to the next line entry and get to the route box it is putting in "LOCAL-"

I did a search and I saw that there were requests to have the program do something like this so you could just add the next leg after the "-".

I thought in the early days I remember the last route popped up just like the last "N" number and A/C type. Did you change that and if so is that configurable to be able to have it work so I don't have to keep going back to the dropbox menu?

Also, I am not sure that I don't have another problem in the route box. I know it is supposed to keep your last/most recent 15 routes. That being said I have 15 in there but if I put in a "new" route, that new one is not in there. It is like it isn't saving the new input. Also, shouldn't my earlier discription "TZR-LOCAL" go to the "top of the list"? It is in the list but always stays second to the last.

One last thing, I don't know if this is relevant but, somewhere along the line, I put in a route that read something like " 'XYZ-123-XYZ". Notice the "apostrophe" in front of the first XYZ. THAT route entry stays on top of my drop down.

Is there a way to clear out all of the dropdown routes and just start over?

Thanks,
Craig

Hi Craig,

There is an option in Options/Flight Log to start the next route with the last fix of the prior route, hence your seeing LOCAL-. You can turn this on/off as desired.

The list of routes will populate the last 15 going backwards from the date of your current flight log entry. So if you're logging backwards in time it looks back from the flight date...it should then sort the list items if I recall. This would explain why the one route with the leading apostrophe is sorting to the top.

There is no way to clear the list, it's dynamic and autopopulates based on a lookback of your log.

Thanks Neal,

I dunno how that option got flipped but that "fixed" the LOCAL- problem.

I haven't logged any recent flights lately due to the inclement weather here, but will check to see if that changes the routes. But if I recall, those didn't seem to change even when I posted current flights....I will let you know as soon as I log in more current flights.

Back