WM5 and WM6 Smartphone Edition

double nickel

Doing a search of the forum, I see people have been asking for WM 5/6 Smartphone Edition support for 1.5 to 2 years now. Is it still your intention of not releasing any support for these devices? When people ask, they seem to be continually directed to the article explaining they are not supported, with no mention of future support. Why the resistance to making this possible? Is it a perceived lack of demand for that support, or some technical difficulties that make it financially impractical? I'm sure you must know that there are absolutely no programs (at least that I can find) that support WM5 SE that are worth even looking at. It seems to me that with the popularity of devices such as the Q, Blackjack, and others, that there is an unfilled demand for an electronic logbook supporting them; but there is not one decent one out there at all. Please reconsider your position! Maybe others here will add their support for this below. Thanks for your response!

Hello DN,

Due to the complexity of our software it is simply not suited to try and log flights by the number key pad of your cell phone, that is essentially what Windows Mobile SmartPhone Edition is. Now there are products such as the Q/BlackJack that have a keyboard vice number key pad, but navigation among the fields, drop downs, etc. becomes very complicated. We do not have any plans as of this writing to "directly" support WM SmartPhone edition, however, we have an alternate approach we hope to investigate early in 2008 after Logbook Pro v2 releases which is our priority effort right now.

Back