Status Board New Widget Ideas

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
Requesting new widgets on the Status Board, please.

• Departure gate
  • Arrival gate
  • Departure weather: temperature F/C, clouds, altimeter, visibility, wind... (METAR info decoded and/or raw)
  • Arrival weather: temperature F/C, clouds, altimeter, visibility, wind... (METAR info decoded and/or raw)
  • Forecasted weather for Depature (TAF info decoded and/or raw)
  • Forecasted weather for Arrival (TAF info decoded and/or raw)
  • Runways with crosswind/tailwind/headwind
  • Sunrise/Sunset

Basically, all the information available in Aero Weather cloned for APDL.

Screenshot_2014-11-16-14-06-46.png

Last edited:
Great job on the builds.

On the new gate widget, notice the right side text is smaller. Evident on both iPhone and iPad.

eeafd402f6e13c58ca812913e3ab2992.jpg

IRT the weather widgets:
I don't know if it's been discussed or what the consensus might be, but once in airplane mode, can you display the latest downloaded weather? If need be, you can highlight either the age of the report itself or the time it was downloaded.

In the status board, yes, in last nights build. It should cache the last weather downloaded and always show that for you when tapped until you come online again and then it will refresh. Are you not seeing this in the build you have now? What is supposed to happen is that if you are offline we do NOT clear the cache of stored weather data.

I like what you did with the gate info, I'd like to see all the dual widgets like that. i.e. Sun, Weather.

You don't have to. All you have to do is show your status board so the weather polls and loads. In fact we poll for the weather automatically for the current/next leg on launch of the app to cache it. Once we have retrieved the weather, i.e. show your status board and see the weather, now go offline and come back 10 minutes later while offline and tap the weather widget. The cached metar/taf will show.

I like what you did with the gate info, I'd like to see all the dual widgets like that. i.e. Sun, Weather.

Thought of it but it's too much info, but will keep thinking on how to do it if possible, the thought has crossed my mind. Just analyze the data with me though and you'll see the road block. I'll revisit this.

As you can see in this screen capture, after we leveled at cruise I opened APDL to enter my times and notice that the weather is missing. This is after opening and getting the weather before blocking out on the ground and approximately 45 min after block out.

793083398382eafa5edbd9d24e480d0e.jpg

I'll check into it, there is one condition where the app cleans up its own memory and the collection (cache) of weather results may be getting removed. It's a hard thing to work around but I have an idea and will work on it this morning.

Thanks.

Let me also add that 1) after sometime in the background, when APDL is resumed it does not start on the Statusboard. I have noticed this behavior since the introduction of the Statusboard start option. 2) Statusboard still does not open to the correct phase tab when opened.

Let me also add that 1) after sometime in the background, when APDL is resumed it does not start on the Statusboard. I have noticed this behavior since the introduction of the Statusboard start option.

We did have a problem with the SB showing on app resume in the 703 series which was fixed. I have not seeing this in 704, my devices are resuming properly to the SB. What I "think" is happening is both of your devices are older (iPad 2, iPhone 4S) and I suspect not handling the more advanced or intensive apps (memory issues). iOS I believe is reclaiming memory so APDL's background running is probably getting suspended. On that note as thoughts come to my mind as I type here, go to your Device Settings / General / Background App Refresh and make sure APDL is ON and see if that resolves it. If you've taken any drastic measures to save battery it may be related to this.

2) Statusboard still does not open to the correct phase tab when opened.

I want to work with you on this and see the problem. When you see this please create/add to a thread and show me what you see and tell me what you expect to see and why. Let's pin this down.

Thanks Angel.

This is supposed to be SAV:

IMG_0740.PNG

Back