Alternate Method...Force that ActiveSync to Work!!

I seem to be able to enter information on my PC and then sync with the PPC. I cannot, however, enter data on my PPC and expect it to sync with LBP on my PC. I tried the normal method, no joy; the alternative method, lost all the data. Tried a number of trial entries, nothing. I've tried all the suggested solutions including uninstalling and reinstalling Active Sync, LBP on the PPC and still can't make it work consistently. It worked fine before I installed 3.7.1. Since then I got it to work once using the alternative method but the next time I tried to sync, nothing, with no config changes.

I understand this is an old post and only rejoined it due to new problems. As I mention in my earlier post, I had a period of inactivity w.r.t LBP on my PC, but during which time I entered a series of flights on my PPC. When I attempted to sync, I encountered the same problems I had earlier. I have again followed all your instructions without success.

Regarding giving up on LBP, there are former LBP users that gave up attempting to use active sync and believe that more attempts to resolve the active sync compatability issues should have been made rather than simply saying it's a 3.7.1 problem. I must say I'm fasting approaching the same point. I'm not prepared to do yet another hard reset on my PPC since it creates so much work in setting up a new partnership, reconfiguring all the data on the PPC such as outlook contacts, etc.

It's a shame really, since other than this issue, the program is great and your support has always been terrific but I need something in which I can record data on the road and then sync later. The PPC logbook pages for data entry are also very laborious and time-consuming to use.

Can you confirm you are using 1.9.6.5 on the PC and 1.9.6 on the PPC?

If using the Professional Edition, also confirm your PC is a Master data file and NOT a Clone data file. If not using the Professional Edition, this won't make sense, so disregard if that's the case.

If all else fails, create a backup of your data file (File..Archive..Backup) and e-mail it to support@nc-software.com so I can confirm the structure/integrity of the DB.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Affirm on 1.9.6.5. I don't have my PPC with me at the moment but I installed PC companion just two days ago so it is the latest version.
Standard edition in use. I'll email a backup to you.
thx

I reviewed your data file and there were no problems noted. Confirm you have entered your PPC registration/license number on the PC under the PDA Companions\Pocket PC Companion area AND when you start Logbook Pro, the first screen that appears shows Pocket PC Companion is licensed?

If the above is true. Try purging the data on your PPC from the Tools menu on the main screen. Enter a flight as a test, sync it with ActiveSync (click the Sync button) and make sure Pocket Access is selected/showing in ActiveSync. Now go to Logbook Pro, is the Merge queue (import...) under PDA Companions\PPC Companion active? If so, click it to import the data from the PPC.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I think we may have something. PDA Companion registration is blank. I have no idea what my keycode is. I don't recall ever being prompted to enter it. What next?

The PDA Companions are purchased separately from our Secure Online Store. If you have already purchased a license, please refer to the "Lost Unlock Codes" section on our policies page for assistance with this matter.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Neal,
that seems to have sorted it. Thanks. Too bad it was after I lost three months worth of data. I was prompted to enter my registration # in the PPC but never in my PC. How would I know to enter the PPC companion in LBP?

Glad it all worked out. If the data was actually sync'd, there is a good chance once the PC side is registered, it will still merge the data in. Even in evaluation mode, the data is actually transferred to the PC, however, Logbook Pro will not allow the final merge until registered. There is a security step to ensure registration of the PDA's for synchronization to be allowed.

The documentation outlines the Registration requirements, as well as it's listed in the troubleshooting area. Documentation can always be improved, I've entered a change request to emphasize this requirement in the upcoming maintenance release.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Back