Android App requests :)

71sbeetle

First of all, thank you for a great app. I almost bought an iPhone 4, but when I found out you guys were releasing an Android version that made my decision much easier.

I do have a few requests though, not sure if it would be possible, but anyway, here they are:
1- Any way to keep the remarks from the previous flight ? In Settings/Flight Log I see Recall custom text, is there a way you could add recall Remarks too ?
2- In the flight log layout when entering a flight, is there any way to not have the "Legs" part (user selectable in Flight log layout ?) since I always enter leg by leg it would be nice to be able to turn this one off in the settings.
3- Is there a way to modify the time calculator ? The conversion used in the software and app are different than the conversion we have at our airline.
4- Really nitpicking now, but on the add a flight page the little green plus at the top right, is there a way to space the sync button from it more ? My fat fingers often press the sync button instead (or so it seems, I press the green plus, the app "pauses" a little bit and then starts a sync).

Other than that, love the app so far, now I just need to get my Logbook Pro back up to date from May 2009 to now :p

Hello Gary,

I'm glad you like the Android app. Please find my responses below:

1- Any way to keep the remarks from the previous flight ? In Settings/Flight Log I see Recall custom text, is there a way you could add recall Remarks too ?

I'm afraid not. But what you could do is select all in remarks and then copy it to the device clipboard and paste it in each entry you want to use.

2- In the flight log layout when entering a flight, is there any way to not have the "Legs" part (user selectable in Flight log layout ?) since I always enter leg by leg it would be nice to be able to turn this one off in the settings.

LEGS is a very important field and many people don't understand its purpose. LEGS is "FLIGHTS". Logbook Pro uses this field to count the number of flights you fly. You can enter an entire trip into a single record with Logbook Pro, i.e. RIC-DFW-LAX-SEA-RIC. You would enter 4 LEGS to tell Logbook Pro that this entry is four flights. The only time you may not want to enter a leg value is a SIM/FTD.

3- Is there a way to modify the time calculator ? The conversion used in the software and app are different than the conversion we have at our airline.

Not in this version as we are hard coded to the Logbook Pro time chart. This chart matches what the US Air Force dictates and can be viewed under the Edit Menu in Logbook Pro PC edition. In the next PC product we are going about time scales differently, more on that when that product comes along.

4- Really nitpicking now, but on the add a flight page the little green plus at the top right, is there a way to space the sync button from it more ? My fat fingers often press the sync button instead (or so it seems, I press the green plus, the app "pauses" a little bit and then starts a sync).

Expect it in the next release, I entered this as a feature request for you. Case 4132 for reference. Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm afraid not. But what you could do is select all in remarks and then copy it to the device clipboard and paste it in each entry you want to use.

OK yes that is what I have been doing for now just not very convenient for me, but it works I guess, I was hoping a future version could have the Recall Remarks. Is the custom text similar as remarks ? How easy would it be for me to move all my remarks to custom text on my existing flights in Logbook Pro ? Basically I use my remarks section to write the flight number and crew member I am flying with, and any additional "abnormal" or "extra-ordinary" remarks.

LEGS is a very important field and many people don't understand its purpose. LEGS is "FLIGHTS". Logbook Pro uses this field to count the number of flights you fly. You can enter an entire trip into a single record with Logbook Pro, i.e. RIC-DFW-LAX-SEA-RIC. You would enter 4 LEGS to tell Logbook Pro that this entry is four flights. The only time you may not want to enter a leg value is a SIM/FTD.

Thanks, I realize it is important, as I know a lot of people enter in their logbooks as complete days or even entire trips, which obviously will consist of several legs. I personally prefer entering my flights leg by leg, so I was just hoping I could "hide" the LEGS option in flight entry like I was able to remove a few others in the settings, but that's OK.

Not in this version as we are hard coded to the Logbook Pro time chart. This chart matches what the US Air Force dictates and can be viewed under the Edit Menu in Logbook Pro PC edition. In the next PC product we are going about time scales differently, more on that when that product comes along.

OK sounds good. I still enter the times in the flight entry page as it looks like it helps the software put my flights in the correct order, I just manually enter the actual flight time.

Expect it in the next release, I entered this as a feature request for you. Case 4132 for reference. Thank you for the suggestion.

Thank you ! Actually, I was using the app a bit more today while waiting between flights at the airport, and I was entering several "pending" flights (tried the schedule importer but apparently our CrewTrac system must not work right as I was not able to get it to work correctly, using auto and several other options) and what I noticed was that sometimes the app seems to have a bug, when I press either the green plus to add a flight, or when I press the save button, or sometimes while accessing settings, or another menu, the screen will turn black and it will take me back to the previous page or the main page and delete what I was doing (when saving a flight for example, once I press save, it blacks out, and takes me back to the "Flights" page and the flight I was saving is not there).

Another thing I can't figure out and I am sure it is user error, is when I finish a flight, I add the OOOI times and the flight time, uncheck the "pending flight" box and hit save. Today I flew 6 legs that I had pre-entered and when I updated them and sync-ed them, only 3 of the 6 flights got synced to my Logbook Pro on my desktop, I tried syncing several times and no changes, so I went into the missing flights on the app, and just hit save again without making changes, and synced again and they showed up.

Thanks again for all the help, it is greatly appreciated, and I love this app so far, as I know it will help me keep my Logbook Pro up to date.

btw, I am using a Verizon Samsung Droid Charge with firmware 2.2.1 :)

Gary,

If you're having a problems with the schedule importer, click here and please fill out a support ticket and include your trip data. We'll gladly investigate and see if there is something we can do to resolve it or provide you details of what we're expecting for your airline.

As to the issues regarding flights and/or sync if you find something reproducable, please fill out a support ticket and let us know, we'll look into it. The app is brand new, I'm sure there will be tweaking required as issues come up. So far we have no bug reports but we do have feature requests. We continually review the code and test the app so we will continue to do so and updates will come.

Back