• Initial testing of Apple's iOS 27 release shows no issues with Logbook Pro or APDL. Follow this BLOG article for updates should anyone report issues.

APDL Acclimated

Redbaron64

Well-known member
APDL Beta Team
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
1,140
Location
Arizona
Hello..

Just trying to understand the FAR's and APDL..

I had my home base as PHX, and I am currently in YNG.. with PHX as my home base, it was flagging the trip as illegal.. when I changed home base to YNG, it shows legal.. how should I change the home base in APDL.. Where I Begin a given trip? .. which can change often.. example, I am out of YNG tomorrow, and MIA Thursday then maybe GRK end of the week.. thoughts?

1760977285408.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • E65B7F0C-1ACE-4317-9FBE-621A1A2C0DB3_1_102_o.jpeg
    E65B7F0C-1ACE-4317-9FBE-621A1A2C0DB3_1_102_o.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 574A4118-9931-4DD4-9FAB-41A1D0165992_1_102_o.jpeg
    574A4118-9931-4DD4-9FAB-41A1D0165992_1_102_o.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 79
Tap the note icon at the top right of the duty area for detailed information regarding legality.
ok.. I see that.. Should I change the home base to where my trip begins .. obviously PHX is 3 hours from YNG / MIA etc.. I had thought West coast to East coast was under same theater.. I guess not.. it made a 3 hour difference with max duty day..
 
Kind of overflying same route again..

Should I change the Home Theater (domicile) with each place I get moved too for flying a few days..

Example.. I live in PHX, Commuted to YNG for 2 weeks, then committed to MIA for 3 weeks and now in ELP for 1 1/2 weeks..

Would APDL compute the same if I left home theater at PHX, or should I change Home theater (domicile) with each location change..?

below would suggest entire USA east to west coast would be one theater (domicile).. yes?

Theater: A geographical area where the longitude difference between departure and arrival points is no more than 60 degrees.
 
@Redbaron64 - from our lead developer on APDL:

it looks like as of 8/11/2025 he is at Eastern Air Express doing charter. I see he has flagged issues MIA 04JUN26. He has Settings>Airline>Use Domicile Theater>On. This forces ELP in all calculations instead of MIA (FAR 117 report timezone). Have him turn that setting off and when he revisit MIA 2271:04JAN26 then it shows the correct legality.
 
just top be clear.. I am not based in MIA, the company sends me where they need me, usually a couple of days to a few weeks.. .. just whating to kn ow how best to use theater when I move around to different locations like I do..

I have been changing theater each time I relocate.. Is that the proper way of using APDL?
 
Ok.. I turned theater off.. I’m seeing this under better light.. USA is under one theater including N and S
 
Back
Top