APDL and LogbookPro

Neal,
Do I understand that the new APDL currently cannot sync to LBP the way my current Palm-based APDL does? So with the new version I would have to manually input flight information into LBP?

Neal,
Do I understand that the new APDL currently cannot sync to LBP the way my current Palm-based APDL does? So with the new version I would have to manually input flight information into LBP?

Correct until the sync feature is available.

Neal,
Do we have a rough idea of availability for the ability to sync to LBP?
Also, will the new APDL be able to "read" the previous data from the old Palm-based APDL files? I have 13 years of flight data in my Palm-based APDL and it would be nice to import that into the new version. Thanks.
Rob

Rob,

No date available for Logbook Pro Desktop sync from APDL.

We are finalizing the APDL.net Legacy Importer to allow Palm/Pocket PC import

And for others to learn from your other inquiry, the schedule importer subscription is universal, if you have it from a separate purchase or included with APDL you an use any schedule importer in any app - you are subscribed to the "Schedule Importer" system either via direct purchase or APDL. Right now we have to point APDL users to APDL.net's importer until we complete the nc-software.com migration which is any day now which will allow Logbook Pro Mobile to talk to the new architecture.

Neal,
I have a question related the the subscription-based APDL. What happens to the program and my data when, either intentionally or inadvertently, my subscription expires? Will the app not open? Can I access current data but not add new? What specifically will function and not function? Thanks.

Neal,
I have a question related the the subscription-based APDL. What happens to the program and my data when, either intentionally or inadvertently, my subscription expires? Will the app not open? Can I access current data but not add new? What specifically will function and not function? Thanks.

Absolutely nothing is removed regarding data. Your data remains on the device and in the cloud. The app will show you the My Account screen to renew or you can renew on the NC Software web site. There are some screens you can access when expired but most will require you to renew to access.

On the same topic, once sync is enabled to LBP, will there be a fix so that data is not duplicated? Currently I'm using both LBP app and APDL. I hope that, when sync is available, it doesn't show 2 of everything on my PC LBP. Thanks!

On the same topic, once sync is enabled to LBP, will there be a fix so that data is not duplicated? Currently I'm using both LBP app and APDL. I hope that, when sync is available, it doesn't show 2 of everything on my PC LBP. Thanks!

I expect you'll be able to choose a date range of the data you want to import from APDL like we did with APDL Palm/Pocket PC.

That is a question that I had also. When an improvement is available to sync from the new APDL to LBP will I be able to select a date range in order to avoid duplication?

When an improvement is available to sync from the new APDL to LBP will I be able to select a date range in order to avoid duplication?

Yes, we realize people are dual logging in Logbook Pro Mobile and APDL until this is ready.

Back