• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL version 9.3 now on the Apple App Store. Click here to review what's new and download the latest version. New users enjoy the first 90 DAYS FREE.

Auto Update

dfaris

How do I turn off the auto update feature? I have turned it of in the configuration settings
but its still pops upand I dont want that. I will check for updates myself. Is there something
I need to turn off in msconfig? if so what is the name of what I have to turn off.

dfaris

Thankd for the reply but 1. I dont have a all Programs/Program Updates in my start folder. 2. The only popup update thing I get is the one for LBP. All other programs including windows up dates do not happen.

Thanks for the reply.

dfaris

Nope sorry no such thing as program updates in my start menu.

Win XP pro SP1

dfaris

Damn your fast!

That what I alredy have turned off. Should I remove the programs from the update list. Right now I just have it set not to check for updates.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
You may be seeing what's called a 'Message' versus an Update. I deleted the outdated Logbook Pro message that was in the system. But all you have to do is, when you see a message (not update) is click Hide and that will mark it as read. I've provided quite a bit of feedback to InstallShield on this very topic. I only expect to use this system until Logbook Pro version 2 releases next year, most likely.

dfaris

Ah ok thats what it is then, Thanks for the info. I do not like stuff like this where you dont have control over what it does.