Bug Report Autofill time source?

Well I have tried the autofill at a later time before (this one was about 30 minutes iirc), and it still was incorrect. I don't think I waited an hour before, but I'm not sure that would be helpful? The convenient availability of times to enter is right after the flight, & historically when people fill out their logbook in my experience.

Do you have feedback that people like to wait until the end of the day to enter times? Then try and remember what approach they flew, and other comments? If I'm going to enter ANY info after the flight, why wouldn't I enter times too?

Yes, I am aware that I can turn features off that I don't like. I wasn't complaining. I was giving feedback. I'm not your only Southwest customer, and I don't think it is an individual app problem, but a system/APDL problem. I figured that you might possibly want to fix it. You have a feature that repeatedly doesn't work correctly for a customer. You appear unconcerned, and your answer is to turn it off. I suppose if everyone with a problem turns that feature off...nobody would then have a problem?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dennis,

I haven’t heard of any issues with autofill’s accuracy. It’s not something we have control over. So the only remedy is to not use it if it is not working for you. If you want to see what Flightaware and FlightStats show for your times after you land you can see the info they are getting. Why they are not getting accurate info I don’t know.

It’s a gee wiz feature that works for most but just entering your ACARS info can’t take much time to just close out the leg. Autofill is also a nice pre flight data pull when you don’t use the schedule importer as it can pull in your scheduled flight info. Create a new leg and add the flight number and it should pull in the basics known per the schedule so it has other uses too.

Dennis,

I haven’t heard of any issues with autofill’s accuracy. It’s not something we have control over. So the only remedy is to not use it if it is not working for you. If you want to see what Flightaware and FlightStats show for your times after you land you can see the info they are getting. Why they are not getting accurate info I don’t know.

It’s a gee wiz feature that works for most but just entering your ACARS info can’t take much time to just close out the leg. Autofill is also a nice pre flight data pull when you don’t use the schedule importer as it can pull in your scheduled flight info. Create a new leg and add the flight number and it should pull in the basics known per the schedule so it has other uses too.
Ok. APDL has a ton of features, and I never know if a feature is something that just "listens" for information and spits out back out, or has some level of programming on your part. I use the schedule importer and autofill for all other info except the on/in times. Mostly because the times were frequently wrong, but also because the timing of the autofill interfered with actual manual entry of the times In the interface. It works fine to just turn off autofill for on/in times, so I'll just leave it at that. Thanks for the explanation.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Also, the time zone offset is irrelevant since the issue is the minutes being wrong anyway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I brought that up because I thought there may be more wrong than just the minutes. If it was perhaps retrieving a different flight with the same number as yours or something like that. I? was trying to think what could be causing the issue you had other than simple rounding error etc.

Back