Can't upgrade from 1.8.5 to 1.8.8 using patch

azpilot

A pop up window appears. The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is not available.

The following link appears in the dialogue box and is looking for installation package Logbookpro.msi
download.logbookpro.com/iftw/

Not sure what to do.

Any ideas? This is on XP Pro.

Thanks

The same happened to me. Just click that link that came up and download the file, then open it. It upgraded just fine.

Jason

This is because the original installation was accomplished by one of the two web setup methods. The web installation systems cannot be patched, they must be rerun, i.e. run from the web installation again.

If you install Logbook Pro via a web setup, to upgrade rerun the web setup. If you install via the full install download, then you can run a patch upgrade.

I have a support incident in with InstallShield awaiting resolution of this situation.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

NC Software said:
This is because the original installation was accomplished by one of the two web setup methods. The web installation systems cannot be patched, they must be rerun, i.e. run from the web installation again.

If you install Logbook Pro via a web setup, to upgrade rerun the web setup. If you install via the full install download, then you can run a patch upgrade.

I have a support incident in with InstallShield awaiting resolution of this situation.

The link I have referenced doesn't work. What would the web link be? Am I better off installing the entire full download again?

Thanks

Back