Feedback Crewmember 3D Touch too short

AJNegron

APDL Beta Team
iPhone X

When accomplishing a 3D Touch on a crewmember within a segment, the crewmember’s detail overlay only stays on screen for less than a second. Sometimes I’ll get lucky and the overlay will stay on longer, but rarely. With this behavior it’s almost useless.

73083050e5ca8cef5d5a28e8ae1f904a.gif

Ok. Learned something new. Is that normal behavior across iOS/3D touch has a soft press and hard press?

Normally in “peek and pop” the window you are peeking into will pop open if you press hard and let go. A light press should let you peek until you let go. I don’t think it should behave the way you described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally in “peek and pop” the window you are peeking into will pop open if you press hard and let go. A light press should let you peek until you let go. I don’t think it should behave the way you described.

You can try it on iOS native apps. Light press and hold to preview, hard press to pop into the view.

Around 2:10 in this YouTube video if you want to see. It's not something we program in, we just have a preview "view" and then iOS takes you to it when hard pressed.

Good tutorial Neal. BTW are all the peek and Pop, quick action capabilities of APDL in the tutorials anywhere? I am slowly discovering more selections in APDL that support this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good tutorial Neal. BTW are all the peek and Pop, quick action capabilities of APDL in the tutorials anywhere? I am slowly discovering more selections in APDL that support this.

This is a big problem in iOS and this "feature" in my opinion...you never know where it is and what areas use it. You just have to mash around in apps and on app icons to see what's available. We call it "discoverable" in the land of programming and this feature of iOS or any app that uses it is not very discoverable. Not sure how well @Andy Adams has this documented but we can continue to grow the documentation over time, not sure how many read it :) If I recall it's available in crewmembers, payroll settings and those types of areas where you have a parent item and then it has details related to it (or settings). We have a "hints" system in APDL but we also don't want to nag you to death but help make features discoverable just like the new EDCT functionality.

Last edited by a moderator:
AJNegron,

We are working on a preview version of 9.2 where we expand 9.1's long-press-shortcut menus, another "discoverable" shortcut area in APDL. In 9.1 these are found in Trip View by long-pressing on a Leg or In Statusboard when long-pressing on the Current Leg or Planned Route widgets. The goal of the development team is extend this functionality so you get work done quicker in APDL. For example, long-pressing a blank day in the 9.2 preview will give you options create a new activity such as "Add a Leg", "Reserve Availability Period", "Import a Trip", "Add Duty Period", or "Paste a Trip".

When you get a chance to test drive 9.2 let us know if the "Hints" help you find these feature easier.