Flights not in chronological order after import

Meech

I have noticed some of my legs are not in chronological order after importing data from my Palm (APDL) to Logbook Pro. How can I change the order in Logbook Pro? I only have about 10 legs that are affected? The legs appear correct in APDL but do not transfer correctly into Logbook Pro.

Hello,

This has been reported before in the APDL support forum and this is a remote occurence that will hopefully be solved in the next release of Logbook Pro which has SingleSync built in. Logbook Pro orders flights first by Date of the flight, and for multiple flights (legs) on one Date, they are ordered by the order entered into Logbook Pro. A sync from APDL doesn't use this order of entry logic and therefore can get flights out of order flown on the same date.

To fix your issue you'll need to delete and re-enter the out of order flights. For example, if your flights on Date X came out as:

Flight 3
Flight 1
Flight 2

Delete and re-enter Flight 3. Since entering it last will tag an Entry time later than the others, it will sort by Date of Flight then Data Entry Date/Time.

I hope this explains the situation and possibly what you are seeing. Again, in the upcoming release this issue should be resolved.

Good Day,

You state that

"Logbook Pro orders flights first by Date of the flight, and for multiple flights (legs) on one Date, they are ordered by the order entered into Logbook Pro."

Would it be possible inthe future to have Logbook Pro orders flights first by Date of the flight, and for multiple flights (legs) on one Date, sort the remainder by OUT / OFF entries?

Many Thanks

Tans said:
Good Day,

You state that

"Logbook Pro orders flights first by Date of the flight, and for multiple flights (legs) on one Date, they are ordered by the order entered into Logbook Pro."

Would it be possible inthe future to have Logbook Pro orders flights first by Date of the flight, and for multiple flights (legs) on one Date, sort the remainder by OUT / OFF entries?

Many Thanks

This functionality has been implemented and the beta is available to our beta team. If you are not on the beta team, you are welcome to join by subscribing on our Mailing List manager. Please send me an e-mail at support@nc-software.com if you'd like to get the latest beta with this new sort pattern.

Back