Google calendars

jspacone

APDL Beta Team
I use schedule importer and the LBP iPhone app to import my schedule into my iPhone's calendar. I then share my Work calendar -- as well as other calendars -- with my girlfriend via iCloud. It works great, and sharing our various calendars and viewing them all overlaid on one another makes it easier to schedule things and stay in the same page with our busy lives.

Problem is, she is now getting an Android device, and now I am trying to figure out a way to continue having all our calendars in one place. I thought it would be easy, but it's turning out to be quite a hassle.

I am now investigating the ease and feasibility of making the switch to all Google calendars on my iPhone. The problem with that idea is that it appears that the LBP app on my iPhone will only send my schedule to my iCloud calendar. Is there a way to send it instead to a Google calendar? Or does anyone know a way to have an iCloud calendar sync with a Google calendar?

Yes, this can be done on iPhone. As long as your google calendar is set up in your iPhone settings, it should be an option for you to sync with in the Logbook Pro app settings area under calendars.

Another option is to import your schedule directly to your google calendar from the schedule importer. There is an option if you scroll down a little bit on the schedule importer page that allows you to download the trips in iCal format. You can then import the iCal file into google calendar from a PC browser. It requires a few more steps but can be done.

You should be able to get it working through the app and iPhone. I do it the exact same way myself through iPhone.

Joe,

As long as the calendar is registered in iOS then it will be available for use in Logbook Pro Mobile. Once you add your gmail account to your device and enable calendars for that account launch Logbook Pro Mobile and go to Settings / Calendar and change the desired calendar for use. This will be used from this point forward, existing data does not transfer from your prior calendar to the gmail calendar. New or edited flights will be written to the specified calendar.

I must be doing something wrong. I enabled calendars on my gmail account, but it's not showing as an option on the LBP app. I even tried closing all apps and powering the phone off then back on. Nada!

Joe,

I just tried it on my phone. I went to my device's Settings / Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tapped my gmail account and turned ON Calendars.

I then went into Logbook Pro and tapped Settings / Calendar / Calendar to Use and my gmail calendar appears.

I think what you mean is, if I go into the native iPhone calendar app and look at the list of available calendars, do I see my Gmail calendar -- and the answer is no. It's like the phone is not seeing that calendar at all...which I guess explains why I can't add it in the LBP app.

I tried that. Still no luck. Obviously this is not a LBP issue but an iPhone vs Gmail issue. I'm looking for solutions online. Thanks, guys!

Thanks. I finally got it. For some reason, even though I was turning on the correct switches, my phone was just not seeing that calendar. Finally got it to work.

Back