HotSync Problems.

KAR

I all of a sudden started getting problems when HotSyncing my Palm T5with my PC.

I did allready try to un/reinstall LBP on my PDA and Appforge on my PC - but it still does not work
crap.gif

This is the log generated by HotSync: (Ukendt = Unknown)

HotSync operation started for xxxxxxx xxxxx on 07/02/05 19:18:41

OK Expense

OK Quick Install
OK Note Pad
OK Media
Synchronizing NCSoftware
- PDAAircraft database
Database error: Ukendt
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDAAircraft' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDACertificates database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDACertificates' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDACustom database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDACustom' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDADupTimes database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDADupTimes' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDAEventExpiration database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDAEventExpiration' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDAHistory database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDAHistory' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDALogbook database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDALogbook' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDARatings database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDARatings' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDAUserData database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDAUserData' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- tblPalmCurrency database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'tblPalmCurrency' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- tblPalmLookback database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'tblPalmLookback' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- tblPalmStats database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'tblPalmStats' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- tblPalmSummaryBar database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'tblPalmSummaryBar' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
Errors encountered while synchronizing NCSoftware
Conduit 'NCSoftware' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
Outlook Calendar
- Fast Sync
OK Outlook Calendar
Outlook Contacts
- Fast Sync
OK Outlook Contacts
Outlook Tasks
- Fast Sync
OK Outlook Tasks
Outlook Notes
- Fast Sync
OK Outlook Notes
-- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Programmer\palmOne\GreenK\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
-- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Programmer\palmOne\GreenK\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
-- Backing up BasicIngots-BASI to C:\Programmer\palmOne\GreenK\Backup\BasicIngots-BASI.PRC
-- Backing up DataCommIngots-DTCI to C:\Programmer\palmOne\GreenK\Backup\DataCommIngots-DTCI.PRC
-- Backing up EnhancedIngots-ENHI to C:\Programmer\palmOne\GreenK\Backup\EnhancedIngots-ENHI.PRC
-- Backing up MultimediaIngots-MLMI to C:\Programmer\palmOne\GreenK\Backup\MultimediaIngots-MLMI.PRC
-- Backing up AFExtLib-pCOM to C:\Programmer\palmOne\GreenK\Backup\AFExtLib-pCOM.PRC
-- Backing up ByteStreamVM-pCOM to C:\Programmer\palmOne\GreenK\Backup\ByteStreamVM-pCOM.PRC
-- Backing up AFCore-pCOM to C:\Programmer\palmOne\GreenK\Backup\AFCore-pCOM.PRC
-- The database for Lbk_Pro-Install.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 07/02/05 19:18:49

Hello,

Are you using the Professional Edition of Logbook Pro and are you trying to sync to a 'clone'? PDA's will not sync or work with clone files, they are not complete logbook data files. If you are not using a clone file, then most likely we are missing the Microsoft Access driver and the DSN was probably not created in the Administrative Tools....Data Sources (ODBC 32) area. There is a post in the Logbook Pro FAQ forum on how to manually create the NCSoftware User DSN if you'd like to try that if the above is not an issue.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Thanks for your reply
smile.gif

Unfortunately it did not resolve my problem.

First of all I did do what the How do I create the NCSoftware DSN manually?FAQ stated, but it was allready set up correctly.

Now to the clone thing - yes I am using the Professional Edition of Logbook Pro, and the problem might have something to do with clones. At least it might have started when I began usinga cloned logbook, whichI only did recently- but the clone is on my laptop and the problem is on my desktop PC - and I have checked I am not using a clone on that one.

My setup was working nicely until a few weeks ago - the only change I have made sinceis to use a clone on my laptop.

If you don't have a lot of information on your PDA, I suggest writing down those log entries and uninstall the Logbook Pro Palm Companion from your PDA (Main App Screen...Delete Apps... Remove "Lbk Pro"). On your PC, uninstall the AppForge Universal Conduit from the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area. Reboot. Start Logbook Pro 1.9.8.5 the reinstall using the PDA Wizard. See if the problem persists. If so, please fill out a support ticket and use the Attachment feature to include a backup of your Logbook Pro data file (File..Archive..Backup).

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

OK - I did that once more - still did not work.

Backup file sent as requseted.

***EDIT The Support page ended up giving me a "Page could not be displayed" after sending the file - did you get it?

Yes, I did, only thing I can think of is to delete and recreate the User DSN 'NCSoftware' and see if that resolves the issue. Is your Logbook Pro data file on your local computer, such as in C:\Logbook, or is it on a network share, briefcase, or some other non-standard location?

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Well its still not working
bawling.gif

I have also uninstalled LBP from my pc and reinstalled it after deleting the old directory.

My datafile is on theC drive.

Back