Installing to Palm Tungsten e

tedvo

I just got a Palm Tunsgsten e and am trying to get LogbookPro running on it. I have purchased the Companion code and installed it in the PDA Companion portion of the Main program menu. I ran the Sync setup and then did the first HotSync which installed the program on my Palm. I then ran the second to get the aircraft data, etc., loaded but keep getting the following message;

Synchronizing NCSoftware
- PDAAircraft database
Error 8014: The PC is set to overwrite the handheld, but no table named 'PDAAircraft' exists on the PC at the DSN '¸:;'.
- PDACertificates database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDACertificates' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDACustom database
Error 8014: The PC is set to overwrite the handheld, but no table named 'PDACustom' exists on the PC at the DSN 'H<˜<'.
- PDADupTimes database
Error 8014: The PC is set to overwrite the handheld, but no table named 'PDADupTimes' exists on the PC at the DSN '8=ˆ='.
- PDAEventExpiration database
Error 8014: The PC is set to overwrite the handheld, but no table named 'PDAEventExpiration' exists on the PC at the DSN '(>x>'.
- PDAHistory database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDAHistory' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDALogbook database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDALogbook' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDARatings database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDARatings' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDAUserData database
Error 8014: The PC is set to overwrite the handheld, but no table named 'PDAUserData' exists on the PC at the DSN 'èA8B'.
- tblPalmCurrency database
- tblPalmLookback database
- tblPalmStats database
- tblPalmSummaryBar database
Errors encountered while synchronizing NCSoftware
Conduit 'NCSoftware' Error: Unknown error. (FFFF)

When I try to run the program on the Palm, it says to run HotSync again to download PC data.

Suggestions????

Ted

If you are using the Professional Edition, realize you cannot sync with a Clone file. If not, please uninstall, then reinstall using the Install menu option on the PDA Companions\Palm Companion toolbar.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I found the other palm sync thread just after posting mine and saw it was basically the same. I recently got a new desktop computer and wanted to make it the 'Master' since my laptop (which was my original master) has been giving me problems. I have tried the thing of making a backup then transfering that, but am having problems backing up the file on my laptop.

I have all the data on my new desktop. Is there anyway to specifically designate it as the master?

Back