Resolved How do you edit adjusted rest periods?

yusukekun

I was delayed by hours yesterday and ended up needing to adjust the morning's show time to get us the required 10 hour rest. Obviously, APDL shows that I have a rest period issue, but when I try to edit duty and/or FDP times, the same times keeps showing up.

Subsequently, I was assigned additional flying that had an original scheduled time earlier than I would have originally gotten there if I had been running on schedule. Does the original "scheduled" time affect duty/FDP times even if our sign-in time had been adjusted with no intent to operate the flights anywhere near scheduled times?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the original "scheduled" time affect duty/FDP times even if our sign-in time had been adjusted with no intent to operate the flights anywhere near scheduled times?

Yes.

If your scheduled times are adjusted for any reason, you would need to update those scheduled times in APDL as well. The original scheduled time no longer applies since it was changed by the company to comply with your rest issue.

APDL will not allow you to make your "duty on" time after your actual or scheduled departure time for the first leg. The same applies to arrival on the last leg. This could cause an incorrect calculation where your duty day could be shorter than your FDP. Before actual times are entered, scheduled times are the only times available in APDL. Therefore, scheduled times cannot be omitted and must be used for calculating projected (future) legality.

Thanks, Andy. Your solution fixed the problem. I knew this was an easy fix that didn't require a ticket.

Back