Jeppeson Custom - remove column

Won?t it be much easier if you make more templates to serve everybody?s purpose in this case?</font> </font>
I do not need Balloons or gliders on my logbook, the best thing about a digital logbook is being able to customize the layout, I cannot see where the problem of moving, eliminating or adding few columns is.
Maybe that's why I'm not a software devoloper, I would reveal all my future plans in the first version.

I agree totally. The columns that we print should be entirely up to the individual. Logbook Pro is a great product but it's one major weakness is it's inflexible reporting. The report system should have:

1. Ability for the user to select the columns they want to appear on the printed report
2. Ability for the user to size the columns and fonts
3. Ability for the user to select the size of paper and orientation
4. Ability for the user to select the date range to include on the report.

These 4 things would make the reporting much more usable. I know there is a tight association between Logbook Pro and MGOEnt for their binders but fact is, many will not want to use those expensive binders and costly custom paper for their printed log.

I agree, it would be nice if software was always the way 'me' wanted it, but we have limits when developing things, and in time, and versions, they get better. Let me remind you, Logbook Pro is only at Version 1. Where is Microsoft with its products, such as office, version 9/10??

As for your requests for reports, you have this capability now, but not in the exact report 'you' want.

The non-jeppesen format reports, such as the Logbook Standard or the Group by options, do exactly what you want. These reports take the layout of your Spreadsheet Style log area, column order, size, fonts, visibility, and generate reports for you. No, they don't look like the Jeppesen style report, however, it may meet your needs for all items listed.

Version 2 will have a system to pretty much allow you do as you want. As mentioned in other posts, it's not going to be here tomorrow, but to let your conscience rest, in the future of Logbook Pro you will have unimaginable power!

Thanks for the feedback. Remember, we are all people and be nice and constructive to get results, being mean won't get anyone anywhere, we have to work together to get this software exactly like we 'all' want it, on the planet Earth. /forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

NC Software said:
Thanks for the feedback. Remember, we are all people and be nice and constructive to get results, being mean won't get anyone anywhere, we have to work together to get this software exactly like we 'all' want it, on the planet Earth. /forums/emoticons/smile.gif

I'm very sorry if my post came across that way, please believe me it was not at all intended to be mean spirited. One of the hazards of written rather than verbal communication. Logbook Pro is the best flight logbook application there is (I've tried em all). There is nothing else that even comes close. As for the product support, I can only say it's awesome. I had some problems with an upgrade recently and was given a lot of hands on support to get it resolved, I just can't say enough in these two areas.

My post was just to say that reporting is the single area of weakness. If it's possible to give more flexibility in reporting in the upcoming version, Logbook Pro will be un-stoppable.

Concur on written correspondence and interpretation, I try very hard to ensure what I 'say' doesn't come across wrong.

I agree, reports are the weakest part of version 1.x. I'm proud of the number of reports and options given, but agree, there's a lot more that can be done. Unfortunately, on the programming side, and with other software, except the giant/beast (Microsoft), reports are the weakest as the technology is an after thought. All the programming tools are great for creating software, but like painting a project, it's the part that suffers most.

The plans for reporting are already on paper for version 2 and I cannot release any of the details as nothing can touch what you will see. I don't even want to hint to the capability you will have, you will be eye watering impressed.

Stay tuned, version 1.x is soon to be closed as the Pocket PC Companion is soon to go public. Once it does, it's full steam ahead on version 2 of Logbook Pro as priority 1.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back