LBP before purchase questions..?

pilotpaul

Just a few questions I had before buying LBP, hope you can help me. I know these are probable pretty basic but I just do not know much about LBP other than what I have browsed through online. Hope someone can help me with these questions:
  • In basic terms what is the procedure for me should I upgrade to another computer and need to move my LBP to my new computer? Is it a hassle?
  • Is there an unlock key/code that accesses my registration & purchase info?
  • My paper logbooks are a mess and spread across the country. Can I enter my most recent logbook data and then my previous logbooks data at a later date without to much difficulty? Minor totals changes would be expected.
  • Can I insert old flight entries I missed or forgot into LBP and automatically have the entire column totals adjust for it?
  • With LBP available online is there any real reason to keep/have a software hardcopy back-up disk that is not going to have the latest upgrades should you need to use it in the future?
  • Just what are the FAR 121 and FAR 135 features of the Logbook Pro Professional Edition and are these only available with the Professional edition? The description online is vague.
  • Is the 3 plus hour instructional video necessary? And why in the world would that not be considered product support and free? Don’t you want customers to get the most out of your product so they will spread the word about LBP?
  • If you fly a lot of non standardized aircraft such as homebuilts is the Aircraft Type entered going to screw-up the aircraft specific information such as SEL.etc? Can the user configure LBP to recognize these non-standard aircraft type?

Much thanks and appreciation for anyone’s help in answering these questions for me.

Hello,

In basic terms what is the procedure for me should I upgrade to another computer and need to move my LBP to my new computer? Is it a hassle?

To transfer your license to another computer, see this KB article.

Is there an unlock key/code that accesses my registration & purchase info?

When you purchase from our online store you create an account which can be accessed at any time. You can view prior invoices/purchases and on the bottom of which contains your registration information.

My paper logbooks are a mess and spread across the country. Can I enter my most recent logbook data and then my previous logbooks data at a later date without to much difficulty? Minor totals changes would be expected.

Logbook Pro automatically sorts your flights by Flight Date so you can enter them in any order. For performing mass carry-overs, see this KB article.

Can I insert old flight entries I missed or forgot into LBP and automatically have the entire column totals adjust for it?

See above answer, same applies.

With LBP available online is there any real reason to keep/have a software hardcopy back-up disk that is not going to have the latest upgrades should you need to use it in the future?

Having the CD-ROM as a hard copy backup of the software is up to you. At some point in the future newer versions will come out and at some time after that older versions will no longer be available. The CD-ROM ensures you always have the version that you purchased should the download ever become non-available.

Just what are the FAR 121 and FAR 135 features of the Logbook Pro Professional Edition and are these only available with the Professional edition? The description online is vague.

Please refer to the documentation for more information.

Is the 3 plus hour instructional video necessary? And why in the world would that not be considered product support and free? Don’t you want customers to get the most out of your product so they will spread the word about LBP?

The videos ARE free and they are available for those that like to "watch" vs. read. If you have broadband you can watch the videos from the menu links within Logbook Pro or online by clicking here. For those that don't have broadband or want to take the videos to watch on an airline flight, etc. we make it available on CD-ROM for purchase. But again, it IS free on our web site.

If you fly a lot of non standardized aircraft such as homebuilts is the Aircraft Type entered going to screw-up the aircraft specific information such as SEL.etc? Can the user configure LBP to recognize these non-standard aircraft type?

You have total control of the aircraft information by configuring your aircraft in the Options...Aircraft area.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thank you for your interest in our aviation software.

Thanks for the prompt and informative answers to my inquires. You cleared up most of them very well and generated another:
  • About moving to another computer…? Should I be moving to another computer with an archived LBP because of a non recoverable computer crash how do I set up again on the new computer if I have can not perform the uninstall on the previous irreparable computer?

Hello,

Simply contact us when you move to a new computer, we'll manually deactivate the old computer and release the license to be activated on a new computer.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Back