Logbook pro Desktop crashes

felixcat

Every time I've tried to bring up the logbook Pro Desktop it crashes and does not stay open. I've noticed this now for a few weeks. I use APDL for the most part but am now trying to update the desktop with the latest flight time. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Every time I've tried to bring up the logbook Pro Desktop it crashes and does not stay open. I've noticed this now for a few weeks. I use APDL for the most part but am now trying to update the desktop with the latest flight time. Anyone else having this issue?

Hello,

This should be a simple issue to fix. I'll offer two options below. If you are able to get Logbook Pro to run you can fix this yourself in option 2. If not then use option 1.
  1. If unable to get Logbook Pro to run find your data file which ends in .LBK. It is typically stored in your Documents/My Logbook Pro Files/v1 folder. ZIP compress the .LBK file as it's large and send the ZIP file to us via the help desk by submitting a ticket here.
  2. If you can run Logbook Pro please do the following:
    1. Click Help > About Logbook Pro
    2. Double-click the scrolling image in the middle of the dialog, a support dialog will appear
    3. Click the top option to force a data structure rebuild.
    4. Click OK/YES to get out of the dialogs and proceed
    5. Logbook Pro should now run fine. If not then do Option 1 above.
This issue is typically a data file getting large (bloat) issue. Easily corrected by following the procedure above or we can do it for you.

Back