Logbook Pro in Ubuntu

claudebarnhart

I have nearly weaned my computing from Windows, and would like to see Logbook Pro become functional in Ubuntu/Linux. As Dell has now chosen to begin installing Ubuntu in some desktops and laptops, this desire may be increasing from others. I have been able to install Quicken2005 in Ubuntu using CrossOverOffice, and it works very well. I have tried to install the latest version of Logbook Pro using CrossOver in Ubuntu and although it appears to be installing, it gets hung up in the installation, not completing the install, and of course then doesn't work. Has anyone been able to get Logbook Pro to function in Ubuntu? All help will be much appreciated. Barney

same problem in OSX

Hey there,

I just switched to Mac as well and trying to get LBPro started withoud using bootcamp or parallel to get it going. so I used crossover as well.
Same problem, at the point the install program says "registring program identifiers" the install hangs and thats it.

Dont have a solution yet but I will stay in touch about this subject.

Other than that, MAC Rocks man, super stable and what a grafics.

Ciao,

Rob Backer

Hey there,

I just switched to Mac as well and trying to get LBPro started withoud using bootcamp or parallel to get it going. so I used crossover as well.
Same problem, at the point the install program says "registring program identifiers" the install hangs and thats it.

Dont have a solution yet but I will stay in touch about this subject.

Other than that, MAC Rocks man, super stable and what a grafics.

Ciao,

Rob Backer

Like you i'm getting "registering program identifiers" while attempting to install logbook pro using wine. I'm in the same boat, Logbook pro would be the last step for me cutting ties with windows. Could anyone explain what the installer is attempting to do when it's "registering program identifiers"?
If anyone who has had success with running on linux could you give us an idea of how it could be done?

Linux Ubuntu ( Mint ) Compatibility

Has there been any luck getting Logbook Pro to work with a Linux system? I'm considering giving it a try, but don't have VMWare or Wine or anything and would like to know how to get started.

I still haven't had any luck with installing logbookpro on linux. Not sure if there will ever be an easy solution.

I have a netbook with Linux Mint and use Sun Virtual Box (which is free to download at virtualbox.org) to run a WinXP installation with LogbookPro. Works great and you don't have to dual boot. Just start Virtual Box with Windows and then start LogbookPro.

logbook pro on ubuntu

i am going to give this virtual box a try on my hp mini ill let yall know how it goes

having worked with a Linux server for a long time now, I am also trying to run LBP under wine. It seems to install just fine, starts up without a issue, but if I want to open a log, option pop up or anything else, nothing happens.

I don't want to run a virtual box (other then wine) because it just defeats the purpose.

Any help?

no luck

I still havent solved it. Emailed them about it a few weeks ago said they werent planning any work around. Im dual booting win 7 for it. Sucks i know. V box work but like u said.

I still havent solved it. Emailed them about it a few weeks ago said they werent planning any work around. Im dual booting win 7 for it. Sucks i know. V box work but like u said.
Who did you email? I know NC won't work on it, but figured some wine expert may have solved it.

Found this link interesting and have to dig into it although the problem is different.

Maybe one day I don't need Micro$oft anymore ......

ok, back to working on this issue and releaving myself from micro$oft....

I did a clean install and actually got it running using wine and winetricks. Not all is as it is supposed to be, but progress is being made.

If I get it to the point that it has full functionallity I will write a setup guide

Back