Logbook Pro PDA Companion on Motorola Q

HGH

I'm looking to buy a Motorola Q Smart Phone and wanted to know if anyone is using the same phone with the PDA companion and having any luck.

Thanks.

I have purchased the Cingular 8125, it is running MS Windows Mobile V5.0, is this also an unsupported OS version?

Windows Mobile 5 Phones Compatability Issue

If your phone is running Windows Mobile v.5 then you are in the same boat as me. I have not been able to get an answer as to when we can expect compatability with Windows Mobile 5 phones.

Best Regards,
Doug

Logbook Pro PDA Companion will start and present the home page but when selecting any of the 8 selections, either via the screen or via the View selection, I get the PC Data Missing ERROR, Unable to locate Logbook Pro data from PC. Start then Close Logbook Pro on your PC to send data to the device automatically. Apparently the data is place in a different spot than where it is looking for it or the data is not getting transfered to the PDA. This is on the Cingular 8125 which, according to the latest newsletter because it will accept screen inputs, is supported. Any ideas as to what is happening??

If your phone is running Windows Mobile v.5 then you are in the same boat as me. I have not been able to get an answer as to when we can expect compatability with Windows Mobile 5 phones.

Best Regards,
Doug

We do support phones running Windows Mobile 5. The "Q" runs "Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Edition" which is a tailored version of Windows Mobile 5 which we do not support. Please see this newsletter article which explains this further.

Logbook Pro PDA Companion will start and present the home page but when selecting any of the 8 selections, either via the screen or via the View selection, I get the PC Data Missing ERROR, Unable to locate Logbook Pro data from PC. Start then Close Logbook Pro on your PC to send data to the device automatically. Apparently the data is place in a different spot than where it is looking for it or the data is not getting transfered to the PDA. This is on the Cingular 8125 which, according to the latest newsletter because it will accept screen inputs, is supported. Any ideas as to what is happening??

As you have done, you installed and proven Logbook Pro does work on your device. If in doubt, download, install and try. The error you are getting is most likely caused by the fact you do not have the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed on your PC. See this article on how to verify and/or download. Once .NET 1.1 is on your PC, start Logbook Pro, Close Logbook Pro, all while your device is connected and it will send the data to your PPC and this error will go away.

Note: There are two .NET Frameworks available for your PC. Version 1.1 and Version 2.0. You need specifically version 1.1 for Logbook Pro 1.10.x. However, it wouldn't hurt to install both as our future products are going to use .NET v2.0. They both can be installed on the same computer, they are two separate product lines.

I have installed then uninstalled then reinstalled Logbook Pro PPC several times, the same with .NET Framework CF 2.0, I have also done this with .NET Framework 1.1 for my PC. I have even done a soft restart on the PPC. After doing the installs or reinstalls, I have started Logbook Pro then closed it, waited a little while then started Logbook Pro for the PPC it runs to the point of showing the menu screen. But when I try to enter some information or check things it will say: Unable to locate Logbook Pro data from PC. Start then Close Logbook Pro on your PC to send the data to this devise automatically. So far this has not happened. What else can I do?

Hello,

Please check these two KB articles for assistance.

1) ActiveSync Troubleshooting
2) PC Data Missing Error

If these two articles do not help, please submit a support ticket and include a file named "PDAtxfr.dat" located in C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro for my review.

We do support phones running Windows Mobile 5. The "Q" runs "Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Edition" which is a tailored version of Windows Mobile 5 which we do not support. Please see this newsletter article which explains this further.

Here's another user looking for compatibility for my Motorola Q. When it was time to get a new phone because my Treo 600 was failing I looked at all the new smartphones and Pocket PC phones as well as the Treo. I knew I wanted a Windows based system, so the Treo 700p was out. Initially the lack of a touch screen seemed like a negative to me. But then i sat down and thought which programs did I actually use the touchscreen for. Then it dawned on me that the only one I used the touchscreen for was yours. And then I also realized that yours was the only one that doesn't allow the use of buttons only. Every other program on my Treo 600 allows the user the choice of the touchscreen or the buttons. Why is that? I always hated that about your program but put up with it because I had no choice. The other factor for deciding on the Q was that all the other devices that Verizon offers are such crappy phones. The PDA's were pretty good but I need a quality phone first, then the data. I've had my Q for a week and a half now and have it set up just the way I like it. Now if I can just get you guys to stop making excuses and do what you should I'd be pretty happy. The Smartphone version of WM5 is really taking off and has already been announced on several platforms. So let's go here.

Back