Logbook Pro won't sync with PPC

Mikess35

Hi,.
I searched for awhile and cannot find the answer. I have Logbook Pro with ADPL for both Palm and PPC. My Treo phone recently died so now I am trying to convert to the PPC. I've bought new licenses. Now when I try to synch the PPC, Logbook Pro is still looking for the Palm and won't even recognize the PPC. Is there another setting missing? I'm considering removing and and reinstalling Logbook Pro, but I think that will require me to buy another license. Help please!!!!!!!!1

Mike

Hello Mike,

When using the PDA Wizard you need to tell it on step 1 to sync with the PPC edition and not the Palm edition. If you are unable to navigate back to page 1 please fill out a support ticket and I'll give you the steps required to reset the PDA Wizard.

Neal,

Unfortunatly the program is not letting me get to step one. When I click on the pda wizard, it immediatly gives me the I'm looking for the palm error. I think we are going to have to reset it. If you could send me the steps I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Mike

• Click start...run and type in REGEDIT, click OK to get into the registry editor
  • Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER
  • Expand Software
  • Expand VB and VBA Program Settings
  • Find the entry on the left "Logbook Pro"
  • Find the sub-node "PDA Wizard" and DELETE it
  • Close the registry editor

I am in the exact same boat...switching from Palm to PPC and syncing with Logbook Pro. In looking at my Registry, I have a question of clarification.

In the "VB and VBA Program Settings" there are subnodes for:
-Logbook Pro
-Logbook Pro "Lastname, Firstname"
-Logbook Pro Trial

When I initially installed Logbook pro, I downloaded the trial to play with it and then later registered it. The "username" I used for the trial was "Trial." I later learned how to rename it to "Lastname, Firstname" instead.

I have found the sub-node "PDA Wizard" to delete in the Logbook Pro "Lastname, Firstname" entry. Can I delete the whole "Logbook Pro Trial" entry? What about the whole "Logbook Pro" entry? Will this affect operation of the Logbook Pro program?

Thanks...

It is strongly advised NOT to do anything with the registry unless directed to do so by support. The "Logbook Pro Trial" is the name you gave your data file. You can delete this entry in the registry but it is not required. Simply use the File....MOVE database option in Logbook Pro to move OR rename your data file.

It is strongly advised NOT to do anything with the registry unless directed to do so by support. The "Logbook Pro Trial" is the name you gave your data file. You can delete this entry in the registry but it is not required. Simply use the File....MOVE database option in Logbook Pro to move OR rename your data file.

Actually, "Trial" WAS the name that I gave my data file originally, and then I did the rename option to change it to "Lastname, Firstname", using my real lastname and firstname of course. The problem is, both entries are still in the registry. I was wondering if I could delete the "Trial" entry?

Back