Logbook Pro x Windows Vista

Clovis Sandoval

I just started to use Windows Vista, but every time I try to install Logbook Pro a message display saying I'm not the computer administrator and the instalation does not complete.
What's the problem?
Clovis

Windows Vista x Logbook Pro

Dear Sirs
I'm still having problems, I turned off my administrator account, I changed the Windows compatibility, and when I try to open Logbook pro I receive a message saying "invalid data" then the program freezes, turning off only if I access the task manager.
Clovis

Hello Clovis,

Please refer to the following KB article.

You should be logged on as Administrator unless you require a reduced rights account. The key here is that you need to disable User Account Control and leave it disabled. For Vista users, it would also benefit you to create your data file under the /My Documents folder structure such as create a folder /My Documents/My Logbook Data and that's where your .LBK file can be stored. With UAC disabled it really doesn't matter, but for those that end up with UAC turned back on for some reason and you're trying to work with a data file in C:\Program Files it is going to trigger UAC.

Dear Sirs
Thank you very much for your quick answer. I'm sorry but nothing appears to work, and I'm seeing Logbook Pro doesn't work on Windows Vista. I'm going to return to my old logbook, it's easier. When Logbook Pro is ready to work on VISTA I will return to use it, pls advise me via e-mail about any news.
Best regards
Clovis Sandoval

You should be logged on as Administrator unless you require a reduced rights account. The key here is that you need to disable User Account Control and leave it disabled. For Vista users, it would also benefit you to create your data file under the /My Documents folder structure such as create a folder /My Documents/My Logbook Data and that's where your .LBK file can be stored. With UAC disabled it really doesn't matter, but for those that end up with UAC turned back on for some reason and you're trying to work with a data file in C:\Program Files it is going to trigger UAC.

Hello Clovis,

Logbook Pro works great on Vista, I've been using Vista since Nov '06, we have many users running Windows Vista. I suggest after disabling UAC to reinstall Logbook Pro. If you require any further assistance, feel free to submit a support ticket. Windows Vista is FULLY supported.

I just got a new computer after my old one died. I had the same problem with Vista, but the UAC fix worked. Now I cannot get it to accept my unlock code. I am online, obviously, but no luck.

Lucky Guy

Ok, if you are saying Logboog Pro is working on YOUR Windows Vista: Congratulations!
But is not working on MINE Windows Vista.
I think is better the guys from NC Software try to make Logbook Pro works on Windows Vista. I payed for this program, is not my job try to fix an old fashion software.

Hello Clovis,

Logbook Pro works great on Vista, I've been using Vista since Nov '06, we have many users running Windows Vista. I suggest after disabling UAC to reinstall Logbook Pro. If you require any further assistance, feel free to submit a support ticket. Windows Vista is FULLY supported.

Clovis,

As stated earlier please follow the following KB article for installing on Vista and/or submit a support ticket.

Windows Vista is supported by the current version of Logbook Pro.

Back