More Custom Time Fields

TrapAv8r

Neal,
Sorry for all the posts, just had some questions and comments about making the program more useful. I have almost run out of customfields, especially for the time fields. This is probably onlyapplicable to military flying, but there are several unique times we track. For instance: combat, combat support, Night Vision Goggle (NVG), Rear Cockpit, simulator evaluator, Functional Check Flights, etc. Is there a way to add more custom fields? I think 15 might be sufficient, unless that is unmanageable due to the additional size needed in the program.

Here are the custom time fields I added:
Part 1 P.I.C.
Part 61 P.I.C.
RCP
NVG
DAY
FCF
Civilian
Military
Combat
Combat Support

Here are the custom text fields I added:
Aircraft Make (I like to separate the fields into Cessna, 172P, and Skyhawk for example)
Designation (Skyhawk, Comanche B, or Strike Eagle for example)
Callsign (Angel Flight 9JC orEagle 12 for example)
Squadron (for each military squadron)
Crew
Combat Mission Number
Route (I like the to and from, but I also like to track where we went, Echo Moa for example)

Scott

Scott,

You may want to look at using Custom Yes/No fields for some of your TIME fields. For example, you don't log partial combat time, so you would just check the checkbox and your Duration would be used for the time calculation. FCF, Civilian, Military, etc. would also be better served as checkboxes (Yes/No columns). The Analyzer is also going to be able to do things such as filter by certain Aircraft Types, etc. so you could do away with columns such as "Military" or "Civilian" if you were getting short on columns. On that note, I would use a checkbox for "Military" and remove both Military and Civilian columns as this is served by one checkbox column.

As for FCF, I've flown a ton of FCF in the A-10, I know what it is, however the tracking of this flight is really only for you. I don't know that anyone considers FCF time any different than PIC time, but just something to think of.

Hope this makes sense.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Regarding the above reply, NVG does not have to be YES/NO because there could be unaided portions of the flight that must be documented IAW 14CFR 61.57 (f). Since this thread is dated in 2005, is LBP NVG friendly by now?

I use a custom TIME field for my NVG time.
Currently, I do not use LBP so that might not mean much to me. What I meant with NVG friendly is that I am allowed to capture NVG flight time, NVG operations, NVG takeoffs/ landings, NVG aid/ unaid/ aid, NVG hover, NVG area departures/ arrivals, etc. In addition, track and report those data points. Again, in compliance with 14 CFR 61.57(f). Logging the times is not enough.

Last edited:
Currently, I do not use LBP so that might not mean much to me. What I meant with NVG friendly is that I am allowed to capture NVG flight time, NVG operations, NVG takeoffs/ landings, NVG aid/ unaid/ aid, NVG hover, NVG area departures/ arrivals, etc. In addition, track and report those data points. Again, in compliance with 14 CFR 61.57(f). Logging the times is not enough!
It seems that everything is fixed with custom fields?

Back