Need leading blank page in report!

Mike Johnson

Neal,

I need a leading blank page in the Logbook report (Jepp).

I know duplex printing is not supported. I have a duplex printer and want to print a complete logbook. When opened, I want the logbook to appear as a normal Jepp logbook. In order to do this, I need the 'first page' on the back of the first page, so when opened, the pages face properly.

Is there a way I can do this? I've tried saving in PDF to use Acrobat to add my blank page, but the front and back are also on the same page in pdf.

Thanks,
Mike Johnson
Johnson Aviation
www.johnsonaviation.com

Mike Johnson
Palm Vx

I'm not sure of a way to do this off hand, I'll think about it.

You can print Duplex, look at the options for the report. Also search on 'duplex' in the included help file.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal,

Before posting, I tried all of the options under duplex printing, as well as read the entire portion of the help file dealing with duplex printing.

The problem is in the reports themselves. When the report generates it shows the 'side-by-side' view. No matter how you save it or print it, this 'side-by-side' view controls the layout.

The current layout is:

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
Page 1 Page 2

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
Page 2 Page 3

Perhaps a new option under the duplex option to have a leading blank page. And, if checked, a 'blank page' inserted at the beginning of the report, like this:

xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Page 1

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
Page 1 Page 2

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
Page 2 Page 3

You see the ultimate goal is to print an actual logbook, after all that's what we're trying to do with the software. So, I'd like to be able to print it just like an actual logbook. You see in most logbooks, their 'first page' is usually a place for your name, address and certificates. They do this so the logbook pages face correctly.

Mike Johnson
Palm Vx

NEal,

When I submitted the previous reply, it took out all of the spaces.

In my reply it should have looked like:

xxxxxxxxx......xxxxxxxxxx
Page.1.............Page.2

Page.2.............Page.3

WANTED:

......................xxxxxxxxxx
blank_page......Page.1

Page.1.............Page.2

Mike Johnson
Palm Vx

Yes, that is the way the reports are designed due to handling wide reports. You may be able to come up with a duplex printing solution though with the perforated pages depending on which side of the page you start with. Experiment and see what you come up with. However, there's nothing I can do to change the layout in v1.x.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back